Uh oh...iPhone tab won't show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Well, everything with my iPhone has been fine ever since I bought it, which was over a month ago. No problems at all. But just yesterday I accidentally disconnected my iPhone while I was syncing some videos on to it. When I docked it again, iTune gave me a message saying "iTunes could not read the contents of the iPhone. Please restore your iPhone." That's not much of a big problem because everything on my iPhone was already synced to my computer. Well now, it seems that iTunes and my PC recognize my iPhone as being there, but that iPhone tab won't appear on the menu to the left of iTunes, so I have no way of restoring it! Someone please help me because I have no idea how to fix this.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
bump? Not being able to sync my iPhone really sucks :(
you should restart your computer, that is the simplest solution. my PC recognized the iPhone was connected,but iTunes didn't and I restarted and It fixed the problem.

erroneous

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Another option worth trying, is to re-load the iTunes program
from Apple.

Although I'm not sure if your current iTunes version would
be detected as the current one... hence not allowing a new up load.

I'm running Vista, and this same thing happened to me as well...
about a month ago... but reluctantly, I'm not able to remember
how I fixed it.

Try down loading the iTunes program again, restart your computer,
etc, etc, and see if it will once again recognize your iPhone.

John

dealers

Oct 18, 2007
fix

How did you do it? I have 7.3 and XP SP2, the computer only recognize "Apple Model Device" in the usb device manager. I tried many method, including, plug into different usb, restart in the my computer, service area, I have a GIG of memory and still did not work.

I turn on the iTunes first, then plug in, nothing happens!

Any advices.