UK Customer - Worth The Wait?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

betty02

Oct 1, 2007
Ok, im a techo no freak when it comes to my gadgets, and stuff, i currently have the LG Prada phone, i menas theres nothing wrong with it for my normal businesss use, but i always like to have new technology, more of a techno snob lol! well anyways im in the Uk, and im alloud 2 cancel my contract on the 1st of november, and get a new phone, now i can get ANY phone for free with the way my contract is currently set-up apart from the iPhone, now this thing is £269GBP roughly around $520USD, and then the monthly contract is £35GBp thats roughly $70USD, no my main query is, is it worht me trading in my LG Prada on a £35 a month contract with 600mins and 600msgs on 02, OR sohould i pay the money for the iPhone, pay the monthly contract for 200mins and 200 messages? Or the other alternative, is get the Noia N95 for free, on a £35 a month contract 600 mins and 600 messages and wait for somethin better to come out for the UK iPhone such as price drop, tarrif increase?

Thanks!

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
Do what i done, buy the phone off ebay, unlock it, get a sim only with o2 for 400mins & 1000 Texts for £20 amonth with no tie in. Apart from the initial £280 i paid for the phone its costing me £20 a month, and its worth it the phone is class!:laugh2:

betty02

Oct 1, 2007
Do what i done, buy the phone off ebay, unlock it, get a sim only with o2 for 400mins & 1000 Texts for £20 amonth with no tie in. Apart from the initial £280 i paid for the phone its costing me £20 a month, and its worth it the phone is class!:laugh2:
Sounds good to me that mate what exactly happens, as f all the 1.1.1 upgrade and the unlock not working, what exactly we missing out in in the upgrade? also the rumors of it all being locked as your forced to update puts me off, i suppose hackers will get around it its just a case of were when and how, i suppose i may do that but keep this contract and just use the phon thereforee if it does get blocked, put sim back in Prada, unluck a new unlock is working?

Opinions?

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
a new unlock is already getting trialled, but if you read the posts your not missing out on much with the new update, mant people frown upon unlocking the iPhone but it makes so much sense especially for uk customers cause the o2 tariffs coming with are naff.

el padrino

Sep 28, 2007
Also most of the phones being sold are already unlocked so you don't have to be worried about any unlock troubles. I have every confidence in the hackign community overcoming 1.1.1 at some point.

Btw, how is the prada. I might be interested in it as a phone for my girlfriend.

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
bought the prada for my g/f cause she wanted a touchscreen after seeing mine, its really smart looking, but the interface is a bit slow. overall though a decent phone. no iPhone killer;)

betty02

Oct 1, 2007
Also most of the phones being sold are already unlocked so you don't have to be worried about any unlock troubles. I have every confidence in the hackign community overcoming 1.1.1 at some point.

Btw, how is the prada. I might be interested in it as a phone for my girlfriend.
Think i may aswell have a look around for a fully unlocked one then cheers guys

the Prada is an Ok phone i suppose does everything i want, the Ui is as mentioned a little slow, and lacks WiFi, i mean its good eys without it, as it still has simple features such as MMS unlike the iPhone, but i hardly use it that foten anyways, just mainly my businesss phone as it is a killer on looks, not to heavy or phat, nice sliver trim around the outside and ncie reflective black, can snap some pics if you want?