UK Independent Review of the iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's a brief review, and apparently the UK Independent jumped the embargo on reviews and has since had the review removed, but here is a cached version to tide you over.

2. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

The 6+ I ordered might be a keeper. I've read the same advantages of the 6+ in other reviews.. I think the ideal size for me would have been 5 in. screen.

3. thevlad

thevlad Member
    Bronze

It's nice to hear that Apple has drastically improved battery life on the 6 plus, and not just on paper. It might last me a full day with heavy use now.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'll still need to confirm this for myself, but it was a decent read.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

For my digits the iPhone 6 is the ideal size. But for bigger mitts or greedier eyes, this will be the optimum.

I love UK reviews.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Or tired old eyes that don't see as clearly as they once did. I have trouble reading the newfangled printed text they use these days. The bright white with washed out light gray text is a strain to see and read. I'll be glad when people tire of it and they go back to something more sensible.

7. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Maybe I missed it but which one are you planning on getting, Chris? I assume you will probably get both but which one are you initially drawn to if you where only going to order one?

8. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'm getting one of each. My wife, is getting an iPhone 6, which she'll probably keep for the next 2 years. She never upgraded to the iPhone 5s. As for me, I'm getting an iPhone 6 Plus. I've spent some time with the Moto X this summer and enjoyed it, though it felt big at 4.7-inches. I ordered a Plus for review and will give it every chance to win me over.

If I were ordering one and there were no returns possible, it would be the iPhone 6. Early reviews seem to favor that opinion.