Uk iPhone prices are slashed

ozzystrong

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
I can't believe it there going from £269 - £169! For all you american guys that basically means there $320! I can't believe it because were normally the most expensive for everything it's about time we got something cheap 1st. Then again it's probably just because they want to get rid of all iPhone's by June before the 3G one comes out so think about that before you buy one.

Source

http://www.appleinsider.com/article..._slash_8gb_iphone_price_in_the_uk_report.html

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
This is awesome. Another $200 price slash but instead of getting angry, our friends on the other side of the pond rejoice. Have to love it.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I am relly impressed at Apple's Supply Chain management. They used perfect forecasting models to make sure there were enough iPhones from release to present. Now we see that it appears Apple's iPhone stocks will be close to nill come June. This further indicates to me that June will not only be the announcement of the 3G, but that stores will have them in-hand, and be ready to sell on that day.

I haven't heard anything about the prices on the completely unlocked iPhones in Europe. Does anyone know if they have also seen a price reduction as well?