UK iPhone unlocking to any O2 SIM problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Guys,
how do i get independence to work with iTunes 7.5?
You don't need to downgrade your whole iTunes - you can just download the mobiledevice.framework from an older version and use that in stead to provision inDependence

But you don't need independence! you can use the touchfree jailbreak.jar application to take the phone out of recovery and install ssh

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
You don't need to downgrade your whole iTunes - you can just download the mobiledevice.framework from an older version and use that in stead to provision inDependence

But you don't need independence! you can use the touchfree jailbreak.jar application to take the phone out of recovery and install ssh
Any chance of given me a step by step guide of how to do this, i have been at this now for 18 hours and it is doing my head in:):)

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
Sorry - been a bit tied up - I'll pm you some contact details
I have now managed to get to number 9 on the list using windows XP but after installing the jailbreakme.com software the iPhone reacts just as it is meant to and Safari crashs and the phone goes blank, it is then meant to reboot by itself after 5 minutes but nothing, if i wait 10 mins and hit the hoome button i get back to the acitate the phone page
I am now starting to hate the phone

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
Step 1: Make sure you put in your ORIGINAL sim (i.e. O2 or AT&T)

Step 2: Now press the Home button and you will be at the activate iPhone screen. Slide the emergency slider again. Enter the following *#307# then press Call. The iPhone will ring, press the X button at the top to delete all the characters you just entered. Now enter: 0 then press Call again while it is still ringing. Now press Answer, then press hold, then press Decline.
Step 3: You will now be at the iPhone's dialing keypad. Press the Contacts button below. You are now at the contacts screen. Press the + in the upper right corner to make a new contact.
Step 4: Press the First, Last button. Enter A for the first name then press Save in the upper right corner. Now press the Add new URL button. Enter: prefs://1F then press Save in the upper right corner, it will take you back a screen, now add another URL called http://jailbreakme.com
Step 5: press Save again and it will take you to the contact's page, now press Save And click on the prefs://1F url
Step 6: You will now be in the Settings screen. Press General then Auto-Lock, then Never. Then back to the Settings screen. Press Wi-Fi, then select your network. Enter your password and press Join. You should now be connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Step 7: Press the Home button and you will be taken back to the activate iPhone screen. Slide the emergency slider again. Enter: 0 then press Call. Press Answer, then hold then Decline.
Step 8: Now click on the 'A' contact and head to the jailbreakme.com url. Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Install AppSnapp button. Safari should crash after a few seconds.
****If it doesn't crash after 1 minute, then press the Home button. Wait until the iPhone becomes responsvie, then go into the keypad again and enter a 0 and Call it, then go back to the contact screen and press Z and press the URL button again. If Safari still locks up, hold the home button down for 4 to 8 seconds as this will restart the browser, then visit the jailbreakme link again using the keypad > 0 > call functionality. You may need to repeat this process several times for Safari to crash. **** Step 9: Once Safari crashes it will send you back to the activate iPhone screen. When for up to 5 minutes and your phone will restart. You will now have access to the SpringBoard.

I get all the way to here and then nothing the phone goes blank and even after reboot it gos back to "activate your phone"