Ultimate Buds UB3

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
How much were they? Is black the only color?

Looks like it has the switch?

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
How much were they? Is black the only color?

Looks like it has the switch?
35 bucks. And looking at their site, they know about sound.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
You'll have to come for the KY Derby. They really flow then.:laugh2:
Actually been there many times, there is a company there that has veneer and I go there to select the exact veneer for my designs for Gulfstream jets.

Also in Chicago.

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
The 35 bucks really lured me for these. As well as how they wrote that because they just took the plastic molds from sennheiser they could spend more money/time on the drivers and iPhone capability functions.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Actually been there many times, there is a company there that has veneer and I go there to select the exact veneer for my designs for Gulfstream jets.

Also in Chicago.
I guess it is a small world after all.:eek:

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Can we stop the thread hijack. Thanks, although i do know how easy it is to go off topic.

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Ok i received them today. Man are they good.

They are almost identical to my sennheiser cx 300 s in both sound quality and looks/fit.

THey have great ambient sound isolation.

Anyways. They have a very nice bassy sound. The mids and highs are clear and crisp but the headphones lean a little torward the bass.

The microphone has the same quality as the stock one. The button does the exact same thing too.

I love em. Definitely worth more than the 35 buck asking price. Get em.
Wayy better than the skullcandy FMJs my cousin has. And those are the same as the iPhone ones you guys are raving about.

Id say either get these or one of the Ultimate buds mashups on their site.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007

They are almost identical to my sennheiser cx 300 s in both sound quality and looks/fit.

Anyways. They have a very nice bassy sound. The mids and highs are clear and crisp but the headphones lean a little torward the bass.

The microphone has the same quality as the stock one. The button does the exact same thing too.

Wayy better than the skullcandy FMJs my cousin has. And those are the same as the iPhone ones you guys are raving about.

are they really that much better than the skull candys? i just bought those and they should be coming in proabably today.
i really just hope that they are good...

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
are they really that much better than the skull candys? i just bought those and they should be coming in proabably today.
i really just hope that they are good...
They are better but the skull FMJs are still pretty good. Just wish they were cheaper.

Can you get a review out for them as well.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
cool... if i ever need to replace my Vibe Duos, i'll try these out.

mofovo

Jul 8, 2007

Hi, how does the UB3 wear when you put it on? For example, check out http://www.rivetnow.com/home/file/product/iproduct_id/109/product.html These headphones can be worn as "lanyard-style" (It goes around the back of your neck). Does the Ultimate Buds UB3 "wear" lanyard-style or does it just dangle like the stock iPhone/iPod earphones? Thanks!

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
I have a pair of the UB3 headphones. I like them a lot a well. only thing i noticed like Bilal mentioned was they do lean toward the bass side when playing music. don't get me wrong i love bass in rock and hip/hop, rap music but i felt it was a little overpowering to a point where it damped the music. I set my equalizer to rock and now its perfect for my taste. Excellent headphones, especially for $35.