Ultimate Buds UB5 ear tips

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Can anyone advise me how to change the ear tips on the Ultimate Buds? I got my UB5s this afternoon and the stock medium tips are a bit large for me. The process should be rather straight forward but the silicon or rubber material seems rather fragile on the small tips. When I go to put the tip on, the material on the inside of the tip slides inside out. I've noticed with the medium and large sized tips the material seems to be a bit thicker and holds it shapes when put onto the end piece. Any thoughts?

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
THey are hard to put on at first but over time they loosen up a little and become easier to put on and off

climr

Jul 31, 2007
You just pull them off! There is a groove around the earbud shell that holds them in place. If you have any problems or happen to rip one, just send us an email and we'll send you replacements at no charge.

Brad
Ultimate Buds

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
You just pull them off! There is a groove around the earbud shell that holds them in place. If you have any problems or happen to rip one, just send us an email and we'll send you replacements at no charge.

Brad
Ultimate Buds
I finally figured it out. The material on the small tips is much thinner than the other two sizes. Each time I tried to push the end over the grooved area that holds them in place, the tip would turn inside out. A little patience and persistance goes a long way!