Ultimate Ears / M-Audio Responded back to me

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
I asked each one if they would be coming out with a mic/button cable for the ultimate ears 5.0 pro's or the M-audio e-30 series pro studio monitor earphones.

Both have replaceable bud cables that are socketed.

Both companys got back to me stating that if i wanted iPhone specific earphones, that i should buy the inferior / cheaper earphones that already have the integrated mic/button.

Ultimate ears already has a few albiet cheaper earphones with the mic, im willing to spend 250$ plus to get their high end dual driver earphones with the damm button.

Just venting here, it would be soo damm easy for them to charge $40 for a cable that would solve the problem and make a huge profit to boot.

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
mod

Perhaps you could cut the wires on the Ultimate Ears buds, and splice them into a wire with a mic. Very do-able.

I did do that with my cheapie Apple headphones, i desoldered them and re-soldered them to a cheap jvc earphones.

I don't think i would be able to do a clean job on the wires half way down the cable.

I just noticed that Apple has a new in ear dual driver earphone that was announced today on the 9th. $79.00

i wonder if they will isuck?

hmmm