Ultimate WIFI Dummy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MICELLE

Aug 1, 2007
Please be kind. I just got the iPhone and I am sure it is way smarter than I am. Not only do I not know how to set up the WIFI, I do not know what the point is?
I am getting internet acsess.
I read other threads discussing the WIFI. How do I know what my network is?

Thanks in adnance

charlich

Jun 18, 2007
wifi or Edge

Please be kind. I just got the iPhone and I am sure it is way smarter than I am. Not only do I not know how to set up the WIFI, I do not know what the point is?
I am getting internet acsess.
I read other threads discussing the WIFI. How do I know what my network is?

Thanks in adnance
Your settings should be set to receive the Edge network if no wifi network is available. Wifi is much faster than Edge. You would see an E in your upper left corner of your iPhone screen if it is connected to Edge. Otherwise, you should be connected to Wifi with a cool signal icon. If you have a home wireless network you definitely want to set up your wireless settings. Let me know if you have problems or call Apple support. charlich1@yahoo.com

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Hey michelle ( sorry if i spelt it wrong),
just thought i would check and see if younwere able to get your wireless set up for your phone. A little bit more information would be nice in order to help you out. Like for instance:

Do you have a wireless router at home?
If you have a wifi router, is there a security setting(wep or wpa)?

Let us know so we can get you using the iPhone to the fullest of capacities at home?