Ultra Smart 700 is an iPhone killer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I am not sure if I agree. I haven't tried this phone and either has anyone else here so it is impossible to say if it is superior or not (in some aspects). I have to say that the interface does not look as elegant as the Apple's from the pics but it does have 3G. They did not show any pics of the media interface and I am not sure how functional the calendar is. It looks nice but who knows about functionality?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 2, 2007
I was looking at this phone (Samsung F700) before I got an iPhone. From what I've heard, it's not coming over to the US. Can't be much of a killer, if it's only avalible over seas.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Definitely NOT a iPhone killer.:p Slimmed down Samsung copy of an HTC Windows Mobile slide device. Samsung is so generic copying it's designs from Motorola and HTC etc..Razr= Samsung blade, Slvr=Samsung trace,Moto Q=Samsung blackjack and the generic copying continues.....Each competitor inspired Samsung device hits market shortly after the release of the original.

Nismo

Jul 25, 2007
I was looking at this phone (Samsung F700) before I got an iPhone. From what I've heard, it's not coming over to the US. Can't be much of a killer, if it's only avalible over seas.
Since when did overseas stopped anyone from buying it and having it shipped?

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I agree. I love how the iPhone keyboard disappears when you don't need it and changes to a standard dial pad for #'s and qwerty for typing. I also really find it a lot more fun to type on the virtual keyboard.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 2, 2007
Since when did overseas stopped anyone from buying it and having it shipped?
Well for it to be considered an "iPhone killer", one would think that it needs to be avalible to the masses. If they are only over seas then less people will get it, hense it can't compete with the iPhone.

wacevedo

Aug 13, 2007
Oregon
I disagree. The F700 will not be available to US in the short term. Yes it's packed with features, but at the expense of a bigger size. It's rather bulky. Many of the additional features can be added to iPhone (I hope Apple will do it rather soon) via SW upgrade. Of course, the lack of 3G is one of the greatest shortcomings of the iPhone and one which requires new HW. Overall I'm pretty hapy with whatI got. SW updates need to start coming rather soon though.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
This looks like a well refined take-off on the HTC 8125/8525 design. Seems like designers have to choose between 3G or WiFi because most devices don't offer both. As cool as this is, it lacks our necessary gsm 850 - so we won't be getting it.

Personally, for the first time since I got my first Treo 600, I'm not constantly searching for the next replacement device, so at least for now, I'm set!