ultrasn0w and O2

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Hello,

When I installed ultrasn0w on Tuesday morning (1 minute after release), I noticed that my signal bar kept going up and down, fluctuating. I thought it was normal and I left it for school. Then, after I came back from school, I saw it happened again and I tried sending a message before school which actually failed to send, indicating that service did go.

Then I saw I totally lost signal later in the evening. My cousin said the same thing so I could confirm to myself that it was a bug. Anyhow, today, I rang someone and the person on the other end couldn't hear me at all, and I couldn't hear them properly. He rang me, and whilst he was talking, it went dead and came back alive again. Then it was OK after that.

I am an iPhone 3G 8GB user on the official UK network, O2 Pay as you go,

Could this be a bug in ultasn0w? Do any of you experience this problem? If so, do any of you know of a solution?

Thanks
Neo-Tech

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
Have you tried rebooting device already? Just making sure, also try uninstalling and reinstalling ultra snow etc..

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
The first time I used ultrasnow I had to take the sim card out put it back restart. Basically a few combinations of that and eventually it worked.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
im in o2 pay monthly but used redsn0w and it went well, so maybe your using the wrong tool!

Went actually smoother than any jailbreak previous

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
When I have jailbreaking issues, I just restore my phone back and jailbreak it again. Usually does the trick for me.
I've restored 3 times now, lol. And I'm getting back to how I want it.

im in o2 pay monthly but used redsn0w and it went well, so maybe your using the wrong tool!

Went actually smoother than any jailbreak previous
It isn't the wrong tool lmao. I used redsn0w and then ultrasn0w to unlock, see the difference?

The first time I used ultrasnow I had to take the sim card out put it back restart. Basically a few combinations of that and eventually it worked.
I'll try that. Yesterday I rebooted my iPhone, then after booting it said Enter PIN (I have a PIN set), I entered it, then it said "No SIM Card Installed", I was like WTF?. Then it picked it up again and asked me to enter the PIN again, and it worked.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Neo- installed ultrasn0w just for the fun of it. I just wanted to see if it worked. It worked perfectly...but- my signal dropped out, everytime i made a phone call it was like i was speaking to someone underwater. It made my calls so crackly, it was terrible. I un-installed it and my problems went away.

I think there are bugs in both redsn0w and ultrasn0w.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Yeah, my Dad rung me today from his unlocked iPhone 3G with T-Mobile SIM and it just went dead. Hope they fix it dead soon.