Un-jail break iPhone 3GS

Inuyami

Aug 24, 2011
I bought my iPhone 3Gs back in November 2010 from a personal seller on Amazon. Recently my brother's girlfriend bought one from the AT&T store. Not have g seen the functions on a non-broken iPhone before and other then not being able to set a background on my app screen, I'm not sure what functions I'm missing or not enjoying. Is there anyway to restore my phone so that it isn't jail broken anymore? Is so will doing so result in losing everything I have on my phone?

Thanks
-Inuyami

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Moved to the iPhone Jailbreak forum.

ONLY follow these steps if you are on AT&T! If you are on T-Mobile, let me know. The process is more complicated when the phone is unlocked.

On AT&T:
Since you're not on the latest firmware, you can just hit the update button in iTunes. This will update the phone and remove the jailbreak. All of your settings, media and data will still be there. Be sure to sync and backup in iTunes first just to be safe. If you were already on the latest firmware, you'd just need to hit the restore button to remove the jailbreak and then select 'yes' when it asks if you want to use your latest backup.

Inuyami

Aug 24, 2011
Awesome thanks. Do I have to email the back up or can I just do it from iTunes on my CPU? My laptop has way to many viruses and has disabled itself from the Internet so that makes things tricky for me

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You might want to use Malwarebytes to clean your computer first. The backup is stored on the computer.