Un-purchase TV show episode so I can buy entire season?

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I won't go into how much I dislike iTunes.

I bought a couple of episodes of Dexter and liked the show so I now want to purchase the entire first season. Each episode is $2.99 and the entire season (not HD) is $23.99. There are 24 episodes so the savings is significant.

However now when I click on 'purchase season' iTunes tells me that I have already purchased it and to check available downloads. Of course all that is there are the episodes that I actually did buy.

I've tried deleting the purchased episodes in various ways, but each time the damned program just attempts to download them again when I try to buy the whole season. It will, of course, allow me to purchase additional individual episodes.

How do I negotiate this seemingly simple transaction?

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Send a note to iTunes support, they've always been helpful with requests that I've made and if you explain what you want to do, I'm sure they can straighten it out for you.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Thanks for the reply and I will do this if I don't hear any better solutions. It would be quite spectacular to me if a situation this simple required the divine intervention of Apple to sort out.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Then only time I did this, it subtracted the cost of the episodes that I purchased. If it's not doing that, perhaps an email couldn't hurt.

Jul 14, 2008
For videos, iTunes will never discount you for episodes already purchased. When all the seasons of Lost were released on iTunes, I bought the SD versions because the HD versions weren't out yet. When the HD versions were out, I deleted all the SD versions and repurchased every season again in HD.

I was given the warning that I had already purchased the seasons and that I should click ok to add them to my cart again. I did and purchased them again with no problems.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I emailed them. I got a reply apologizing for any trouble I may have had with iTunes, followed by an excruciatingly detailed description of how to find the SD versions of the show. They completely ignored my main question. Meh.