Unable to connect to PC

bigcat

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
My friend has the following problem: connecting the iPhone to his mac causes the iPhone to display the message "this accessory was not made to work with the iPhone". So iTunes won't detect the iPhone.

I've only seen the above message when connecting to something other than a PC. Have tried different cables, different USB ports, different PCs, it's all the same. The iPhone just displays the above message and nothing else happens. iTunes won't see the phone.

The phone is running 1.3 unlocked, jailbroken.

I think he mentioned this started after he connected the phone to the video input on a TV to watch some videos he had on the phone.

We also tried "Reset All Settings" , did not help.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Time to take it back to Apple. If nothing- meaning PC or MAc can see the iPhone, and you've already tested different cables, then there is a hardware problem with the iPhone.

bigcat

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Thanks. Any way to hide the installed applications and so forth before taking it to Apple? I guess no connection to PC means I can't restore or anything like that.

Time to take it back to Apple. If nothing- meaning PC or MAc can see the iPhone, and you've already tested different cables, then there is a hardware problem with the iPhone.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
reset to a default theme
hide all applications with Poof
set MIM to say AT&T
take it in and hope for the best.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you can't restore it?

it might be just something got screwed in the software. after THAT (if it still doesn't work), is the time to take it to Apple, imo.