Unable to convert songs from Frostwire to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crissy, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Crissy

Crissy New Member

My songs won't convert to my iTunes library or my phone. What should I do?

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Where are the songs coming from that you are trying to convert? Windows media player?

3. Crissy

Crissy New Member

Frostwire...after the songs download I try to add them to my iTunes library but nothing happens.

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Okie doke how are you doing it?
    Try this way. In iTunes click on "file" then "add file to library". Select where you want to add the song from. Only do one song at a time to see if this works. If it does you will see a pop up window informing you that you need to convert that file. Click on convert.

If this works with one song the. You can do more than one song at a time by holding down ctrl and selecting several song. In my experience you can only convert several songs at a time if they are coming from the same folder.

5. Crissy

Crissy New Member

Ok after I add one song it won't let me add anymore.

6. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

You have to wait till that song is completely converted before selecting another song to convert.
    If when you select a song to convert you don't get the window asking you if you do indeed want to convert it isn't ready yet.

7. Crissy

Crissy New Member

I did I think something is wrong with my phone. This been going on for some months now. All my songs are still in my music folder

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Now I am confused.
    The instructions I was giving you were for converting music to iTunes on your computer.
    Getting music into your phone is another process.

9. Crissy

Crissy New Member

Lol my bad....ok the steps u gave me I did already it only worked for one song. I have more songs in my music folder but they won't convert to my iTunes library. Then I have songs already in my iTunes library that won't sync to my phone.

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Are the songs that won't go to your phone songs that you purchased or that you converted?

11. Crissy

Crissy New Member

I downloaded them from frostwire.

12. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Try adding one song at a time to a playlist of songs that have synced successfuly to your phone. This will help you determine what songs are the ones that wont sync.

13. Joby George

Joby George New Member

How can I set a song as my ringtone on my iPhone 3GS

14. shugo

shugo Member
    Bronze

I have a few songs on my phone that sync, but won't play on my iPhone (didn't work on my 3GS and don't work on my new 4S). When I get to those songs, on the 3GS it skipped them, but my 4S completely bugs out, stops playing, and won't resume on a new song till I kill the app from the multitask bar. Any ideas as to why this happens? (also these songs work fine on my PSP, so it's not a file issue.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

15. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

There may be a problem with the encoding for the song files you downloaded. If they're in your music folder, try Control-Clicking on one and selecting "create AAC version". Then try to add that new AAC version to your iTunes Library and see if it syncs.