Unable to delete contact

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Francois, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Francois

Francois Member
    Bronze

I seem to be unable to delete some contacts in my address book under the edit function.

Please help

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Try a hard reset by holding both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears, and try again. Let us know if that doesn't work.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If a hard reset doesn't work, try these suggestions:

1. Settings > Facebook > Login. You should now have the option to delete contacts.

2. If that doesn't work or if you've never used Facebook, go to Settings > iCloud > Contacts > Off > Keep on my phone. Now delete the contacts and toggle contacts back on. Merging can make duplicates so select no when it asks.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Is the "Delete Contact" option at the bottom not there? Or does it just not work?

5. Francois

Francois Member
    Bronze

It's not there.

6. Francois

Francois Member
    Bronze

Thanks guys, the 'hard' reset worked.

Just a question about this so-called hard reset. When I switch the phone off and back on, I usually have to enter my sim pin. With this 'hard' reset I didn't have to enter the sim pin. So is this really a 'hard' reset then or rather a 'soft' restart?

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The "soft" reset where you press only the top button, then slide to power off, will keep the phone powered off until you press the top button to power back on. Then you have to enter your pin. What it someone picked up your phone while it was powered off? The "hard" reset only powers it off briefly until the logo appears and comes back on. So no need to enter the pin. Maybe someone else can explain it better.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A hard reset is just a longer reboot (though it doesn't really take any longer now with the faster processors). It tends to fix more problems than a regular reboot since it resets a few more things. If you did the hard reset correctly, your SIM pin should have been required.