Unable to download apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BluKristen, Jan 13, 2012.

1. BluKristen

BluKristen New Member

Currently I'm unable to download even free apps from my brand new iPhone 4! All the account info is correct went into Verizon and they were unable to do anything and sent me to Apple store where to my surprise they were unable to tell me why i was unable to download even a free app! There only advice was to "try" reseting it. I really didn't want to go to that extreme.. I'm super frustrated ! Anyone have any ideas?!

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

At this point, I would say try logging out of the iCloud and back in (Settings > iCloud) and if that doesn't work, create a new iTunes ID and try with that one--unless you have already purchased content with your current ID.

How far into the app download process do you get? When the app download fails, what message do you see on the screen, if any?

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

3. BluKristen

BluKristen New Member

I get as far as the icon with the wait bar underneath then get a message saying my billing information is incorrect and logs me into the billing info screen referencing the security code of the credit card being incorrect. When I re-enter the security code it tells me it is still incorrect and there is no reason it should be wrong when I can use that same card at a convenience store minutes before.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I had the same issue before. Log out of the app store by scrolling to the bottom and tap on your ID.
    From a computer, log into your Apple account, wipe out all of the information for Credit card, etc... Re-enter your payment info as a different card. I think it will ask if you want to update or change the credit card info, select change. Even though its the same info.
    Sign out, then sign back into the AppStore on your phone...
    I hope I didn't forget a step, but this is what I had to do for my girlfriends phone.