Unable to install any App from Cydia

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by cupid007, Apr 18, 2011.

1. cupid007

cupid007 New Member

Hi, When I click on Install on any app from Cydia, I am getting an error message which says 'I wasn`t able to locate file for the sandcastle package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package'. I have seen such error messages not only with sandcastle package, but a few others as well. Please let me know how to manually fix this?

I am on iPhone 4 with 4.2.1. Jailbroken with Greenpoison RC5 tool in Feb`11. I have iFile installed. Which directory should I go to locate the packages? Please help

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

If you still have Loader installed try reinstalling Cydia from there....hopefully rebuild cydia.

3. cupid007

cupid007 New Member

Thanks Fijiman..! If I do So, will I lose all the Cydia apps and sources that I installed?

4. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

No...it shouldn't cause any problems

5. arshim

arshim New Member

What is loader and where do I find it? How does it run if and when I get it? I have an iPhone 3GS. Cydia 1.1.3 on iOS 5.0.1

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

You sound like someone who has jailbroken their iPhone but doesn't know what to do with it...;)

7. arshim

arshim New Member

Well, I'm an iPhone user for like 3 years now. Jailbroke my 2G and 3GS hundreds of times. Installed a new firmware each time there was a new JB out. But have never even needed Loader and have no idea what it is.

I however fixed my issue by reinstalling Cydia.deb and removing the problematic repo that I added. Soon as I removed the last repo I added my Cydia started installing apps with no issues. So, it looks like a source can create problems for Cydia if not added properly.

I'd still like to know what Loader is and how it works.

8. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Loader has no real relevance now... it was part of the GreenPois0n jailbreak which allowed the installation of Cydia...:)

9. arshim

arshim New Member

Oh, ok. Thank you. :)

10. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Same thing happened to me. After a few reboots all was well.