Unable to install any App from Cydia

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cupid007

Apr 18, 2011
Hopkins, US
Hi, When I click on Install on any app from Cydia, I am getting an error message which says 'I wasn`t able to locate file for the sandcastle package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package'. I have seen such error messages not only with sandcastle package, but a few others as well. Please let me know how to manually fix this?

I am on iPhone 4 with 4.2.1. Jailbroken with Greenpoison RC5 tool in Feb`11. I have iFile installed. Which directory should I go to locate the packages? Please help

arshim

Jan 2, 2012
What is loader and where do I find it? How does it run if and when I get it? I have an iPhone 3GS. Cydia 1.1.3 on iOS 5.0.1

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
What is loader and where do I find it? How does it run if and when I get it? I have an iPhone 3GS. Cydia 1.1.3 on iOS 5.0.1
You sound like someone who has jailbroken their iPhone but doesn't know what to do with it...;)

arshim

Jan 2, 2012
You sound like someone who has jailbroken their iPhone but doesn't know what to do with it...;)
Well, I'm an iPhone user for like 3 years now. Jailbroke my 2G and 3GS hundreds of times. Installed a new firmware each time there was a new JB out. But have never even needed Loader and have no idea what it is.

I however fixed my issue by reinstalling Cydia.deb and removing the problematic repo that I added. Soon as I removed the last repo I added my Cydia started installing apps with no issues. So, it looks like a source can create problems for Cydia if not added properly.

I'd still like to know what Loader is and how it works.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Loader has no real relevance now... it was part of the GreenPois0n jailbreak which allowed the installation of Cydia...:)