Unable to open any app on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by rugved1118, Jul 17, 2014.

1. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Hello, I am unable to open any app from my iPhone 4. It gives a 'system error' and when I click again on the app, I get 'file not found'. Can anyone help me resolve this issue please ?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

-- iPhone5, iPhone4 and ipad2-wifi+3G

#1 rugved1118, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've never heard of that. Have you been messing with the system on your computer? Try a hard reset. Hold both the top power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Can you tell me how do i restore my iPhone ?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

-- iPhone5, iPhone4 and ipad2-wifi+3G

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I have no idea what you have been doing on your phone and computer. It appears you try to do things you should not be doing, and it gets you in a problem. Were the apps that will not open downloaded using the computer? You asked how to restore. You've been through this before. Europa discussed it with you on this thread.

If your phone is backed up to iTunes, which you have said it is, then you should be able to restore to factory settings. There's more than one way to restore. I don't know which is best for you. Maybe someone else can tell you that.

#4 Ledsteplin, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Sorry to sound rude, but we aren't going to start this 'tell me how to do this and that and the basics that I can learn how to do with less than 5 minutes or research' are we?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I thought we had one of those "sticky" topics that remain at the top of one of the forums here on eiC for some of the most very basic stuff... But if I'm mistaken, here's the basic way to restore your iPhone:

@rugved1118:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Click on this URL -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

When that page loads, you'll see a section that reads "Before you restore your device." It looks like this:
    Before You Restore Your Device.png
    Be sure to follow those three steps "before you restore your device," just as the section heading states.

After you restore, you should get a prompt asking you whether you want to turn Find My iPhone on. Be sure to say yes, unless you don't want to be able to track your iPhone if it should get lost.

IF (and only if) the above should fail, follow these steps:

If you can't update or restore your iOS device

Click on this URL and follow all the steps carefuly -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

Good luck!