Unable to pair iPad 2 with iPhone 5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hello,
Am unable to pair my ipad 2 (ios 6) with my iphone 5 (ios 7.1). Can you help me solve this issue please ? Am able to pair to other windows / bluetooth devices except this one.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

-- iphone5, iphone4 and ipad2-wifi+3G

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can use App Store apps to transfer certain files or you can tether one to the other to share internet, but Apple doesn't allow direct pairing by default. You'll have to jailbreak to pair iOS devices to each other and remove the file type limitations on transfers. Use Pangu to jailbreak and iFile in Cydia to pair and transfer all types of files.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
You have to jailbreak to pair iOS devices to each other. Apple doesn't allow that by default. Use Pangu to jailbreak and iFile in Cydia to pair and transfer files.
This is really strange.... May i know the reason behind this ? I don't want to jailbreak. I have purchased Podlink app to control my ipad2 remotely while am on the move. Can this be possible atleast by using wifi without using a router because when there wont be any router available while am walking .

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
But they have not mentioned this in apple website forum also.. Instead, in their knowledgebase, they have given various options to make it running which i have tried but didn't work.