Unable to receive e-mails away from home ..

debsylee

Apr 27, 2009
My iPhone works perfectly at home when connected to my wifi, but I can't retrieve e-mails when I'm out unless I hook into a free wifi service (which is rare)

I know I can manually pull them by clicking the symbol in the bottom left corner, but either nothing happens or else it says it's can't connect to the server (I have several accounts on different servers so they can't all be down?)

I wonder if there is something I need to de/activate when I go out?

All advice welcome! Thanks.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Welcome to EiC!

We have a thread already in process about this issue - you can see it here. Also, I have seen some similar threads in the past - the search function here works very well and you should be able to find your answer in an existing thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Yes... this forum has one of the better search functions that I've seen. I think you can find a solution to this issue.

As a quick note, one thing it might be. If I have my iPhone checking for emails and my computer is incidentally checking the same account it will get that error message about can't connect to server. So maybe there's a chance both devices are trying to login at the same time. Is your email always up on your computer? and is it set to retreive every X minutes?