Unable to rotate and edit iPhone 4 photos in windows 7

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Melkuda, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Melkuda

Melkuda New Member

:( Having a fit right now. I uploaded all my x-mas photos from my iPhone 4 onto my cpu. I thought everything went just fine...It didn't. I went to rotate some of the photos and when I selected close and save it gave me and error message as follows "This photo can't be saved because of a problem with the photo's file properties"(see actual message in attached photo).... What in the heck?! Then I noticed that changes I had made to the photos with the editing feature on the iPhone had reverted back to their originals upon upload to cpu. At first I thought it was my cpu acting up but to my relief I was able to edit other photos of the holidays taken from a camera.

So how do I fix this? Is it an ios 5 issue? HELP please photo.JPG

2. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Hi, it's not just you! I got the same issue. My photos were flipped and it won't let me rotate them. Hopefully someone can help you! I know how you feel! Good luck

3. Melkuda

Melkuda New Member

Glad to know it isn't just me.....now if someone who knows how the heck to solve this dilemma could wander through and help us out would be fab!

4. Melkuda

Melkuda New Member

Isn't there anyone out there with advice on this? I'm desperate to fix this problem!

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

What program you use on Windows to rotate the image? Have you tried saving to a filename other than the original? Also, let me ask you this. Have you tried saving the picture out before making any changes to see if it'll let you save a picture at all? And do you have only one format you can output in, like .JPG? I would try saving to an alternate format if possible. If it saves successfuly to another format, re-open the picture from the new copy and rotate that, then save it.

Sent from your momma.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Open with paint or if you have office then the picture manager and roate

7. Melkuda

Melkuda New Member

I am using windows live to rotate/edit photos. I have 300 pics that came from my phone and only 10 or so that were edited with the iPhone. It will not let me edit any of the 300 pics. I can save to a different format and try that. Thanks

8. Melkuda

Melkuda New Member

Thanks I will try that. :)

9. whiteghost

whiteghost Member
    Bronze

Check that the files are not set to read only?

Right click folder, select properties then un select the read only option and then apply to all files and folders!

See if that works?

10. Melkuda

Melkuda New Member

I'm still struggling with this issue. Files are not set to read only. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled windows live thinking it may have been an issue with their software... It didn't fix anything. Still stuck With red eye and sideways pics....

11. whiteghost

whiteghost Member
    Bronze

I also use right click file choose preview and then use the rotate icon ?
    close the file "save" and see if it saves it as you rotated it? This works for me!