Unable to Sync iPhone 6, Need to Upgrade iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by qbansmokr, Oct 29, 2015.

1. qbansmokr

qbansmokr New Member

I recently upgraded my iPhone 6 to ios 9.0.2 and as soon as I did I cannot sync the phone to my MacBook Pro. The message I get is that I must upgrade to the latest version of iTunes. I am running OS 10.6.8 and iTunes 11.4. I really do not want to upgrade my Mac's OS in order to upgrade iTunes. The real issue is I have a friend that has the same OS and iTunes version as I do on his MacPro and his iPhone 6 Plus syncs no problem. He even has upgraded to 9.1! I don't know what to do so I can sync.
    Please help.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You may be able to fake the reported OS X version so as to allow your iTunes download and installation to proceed. But I wouldn't recommend doing this without first backing up your data in case something should go awry.

Tutorial: Change Mac OS X System Version

It is important to follow those instructions carefully and not make any mistakes.

I must emphasize that the safer option is to update your OS X to the latest that your machine can handle. And even then… those updates don't always proceed totally smoothly, as attested to by other threads here on eiC.

I have no idea why the same exact setup you have works for your friend on his Mac Pro and not for you.

#2 Rafagon, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  3. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

El Capitan is running superbly on both my iMac and MacBook Air. I'd recommend taking the plunge, but that's a different issue.

4. qbansmokr

qbansmokr New Member

Is there any one out there that has the same scenario as me, yet can back up their iPhone 6 to their Mac??
    Mac OS 10.6.8, iTunes 11.4, ios 9.1
    Any suggestions that can solve my problem would really be appreciated.