unable to update to iOS5

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Graham Muz

Dec 2, 2011
Ever since the latest software version became available I have been unable to complete the download via iTunes (I am using the latest 10.5 version of iTunes) as the down load fails each and every time at the processing file stage and I get the following error message:

iPhone Software Update (processing file)

There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone “Grah_Mus’s iPhone”. The network connection timed out.
Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later.
I get this regardless of if I am using the network in the office or at home.

has anyone else had this issue or make suggestions on how to overcome. Is it likely to be an issue with my laptop perhaps a cache issue or the like? Am I likely to now have a number of versions of the downloaded file stored somewhere on the laptop that I should try and find and delete, and if so where are they likely to be?

Any advice welcome, thanks in advance.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I would uninstall iTunes, reboot your computer and reinstall the current version. If it happens again I would try to temporarily disable your antivirus software while you are downloading and installing iTunes.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Last edited by a moderator: