Unauthorized Apple Lightning Cable Enabler Now Available on Cydia

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
There's a new tweak called Unauthorized Lightning Cable enabler that was just released on parrotgeek.net/repo/ and it does just what it says, allows you to use cables not "authorized" by Apple.

I haven't tested it, but there it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've not tested this either, from the sounds of things it clears the annoying error message but doesn't work properly, as in the phone will cycle between charging and not charging etc. I hope this tweak gets refined, this is something I've wanted since upgrading to iOS 7.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I've not tested this either, from the sounds of things it clears the annoying error message but doesn't work properly, as in the phone will cycle between charging and not charging etc. I hope this tweak gets refined, this is something I've wanted since upgrading to iOS 7.
Some people are reporting success with cables that previously didn't work.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Same here...Amazon's cable is the primary non-Apple one I use. I've never had an issue with it.
I had a guy on eBay send that sent me more of his non-Apple made chargers as I was the only one to report that they wouldn't last but a few weeks. I got the message that it wasn't compatible maybe 3-4 times. After that, no more. And this new shipment of a few chargers that he sent me, they last 4-5 weeks which is awesome! So awesome that I may stick with non-Apple made as they are cheaper, way cheaper. I still have an Apple made one in my car, but I only use it if my iPhone is out of charge, or I am on a car trip.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I had a guy on eBay send that sent me more of his non-Apple made chargers as I was the only one to report that they wouldn't last but a few weeks. I got the message that it wasn't compatible maybe 3-4 times. After that, no more. And this new shipment of a few chargers that he sent me, they last 4-5 weeks which is awesome! So awesome that I may stick with non-Apple made as they are cheaper, way cheaper. I still have an Apple made one in my car, but I only use it if my iPhone is out of charge, or I am on a car trip.
Did they send along one of these? :D

image.jpg