Unbelievable Craigslist sale!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raqball, Sep 14, 2012.

1. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

This clown is trying to sell his pre-ordered iPhone 5 32GB for $1,300!

Wow!

The funny part is that in the ad he says no scammers... Ummmmm, OK pal, what do you consider yourself to be selling at that price....

Oh, he has 2 and for $1,300 you can choose black or white... ImageUploadedByiCafe1347654858.244122.jpg

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I believe he could sell it like that
    But really what a schmuck

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Agree with the schmuck part but can't see them selling for $1,300.. Thats $550 over retail pricing and $1,000 over on contract price..

Can't tell by the ad if he purchased them at full price or not but I would guess he got them at on contract pricing..

The price he is asking is beyond ridiculous!

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

If he can get that for them, I say more power to him!

5. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

At 1st I thought it was someone goofing off or a joke so I texted the guy and that's really what he wants for them..

LOL

6. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

The sad thing is, with pre-orders being pushed back for 2 weeks shipping, he will probably be able to sell the phone for over a grand online. Even if he has to do it through eBay, it's definitely possible. I hate that it is possible, but it definitely is.

7. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I can see selling it for a profit and have no problem with that.. It's the whole supply and demand thing..

If he had them at $100 or $150 over retail then I'd be fine with that.. Heck even at $200 over retail it would not be considered scum'ish.. But $550 over retail? That IS scumm'ish in my book..

Guess some people have more money than brains though.. So sadly, he probably will sell them at that price...

8. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

It's not really overpriced if someone is willing to pay that price for what is basically a luxury item. He is also taking a risk that there really will be slow a supply initially. People have certainly gotten burned taking that risk.

Gouging to me is when someone has an essential, such as gasoline, and sells it for $100 per gallon to people stuck in a snowstorm and trying to run their vehicles in order to stay warm.

Michael

9. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

This is giving me ideas

10. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Don't bother. You end up taking a lot of flack and go home smelling like gasoline. :D

Michael

11. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Hahaha :)

12. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

It's an easy $1000 though.

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I admire his entrepreneurship. And I really like what Tinman said above about this being a Luxury item that some people will want right away, but chose not to do whatever it took to be online at the right time to be able to pre-order for the release date. This person is simply offering a service at a really steep price. Good for him.

14. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Somebody should meet him & rob his a$$ like he's trying to do.