unbelievable

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
So I got a replacement phone today for sound issues. Mind you this is now my 4th phone. As soon as I get home, it freezes. The screen constantly freezes. I have to hold home and sleep for it to reboot. And when it starts up again its only a few seconds within using it until it freezes again. Even the slide to unlock screen freezes. on top of that wifi wont work. Ive restored it and still nothing.

Ive always said refurbs are as good as new but this is bull$hit. Im going up there tomorrow demanding a new phone. Im not leaving until I get a new phone. Im so sick and tired of going to this Apple store and dealing with half-a$$ refurbished phones that do nothing but give me more problems.

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
So I got a replacement phone today for sound issues. Mind you this is now my 4th phone. As soon as I get home, it freezes. The screen constantly freezes. I have to hold home and sleep for it to reboot. And when it starts up again its only a few seconds within using it until it freezes again. Even the slide to unlock screen freezes. on top of that wifi wont work. Ive restored it and still nothing.

Ive always said refurbs are as good as new but this is bull$hit. Im going up there tomorrow demanding a new phone. Im not leaving until I get a new phone. Im so sick and tired of going to this Apple store and dealing with half-a$$ refurbished phones that do nothing but give me more problems.
Ouch! Your 4th phone? That's absolutely ridiculous. After 4 failed refurbished replacements, you would think that they would give you a new phone. Good luck!

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Ugh im so frustrated. Now its not freezing and wifi is working. Wifi was my fault (wrong password, whoops). Still it should not have been freezing like that. Even if it doesn't do it again, unacceptable.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

You need to go back and speak directly to the store manager and tell him all you've been through and how ridiculous this is. Unless he's an ass I would think he would give you a new one for all your troubles, but could be wrong. Call Apple if he gives you sh*t.;)

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
yes i was gonna do exactly that. Say listen. 3 refurbs, all crap. Obvioulsy somethings wrong here. I want a new phone. If they said no id ask for a manager, and ask to get Apple on speakerphone. But now it seems its working fine...we'll see. I cant go tomorrow or thursday. So if its still acting up by friday im there.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
You need to go back and speak directly to the store manager and tell him all you've been through and how ridiculous this is. Unless he's an ass I would think he would give you a new one for all your troubles, but could be wrong. Call Apple if he gives you sh*t.;)
Kyle i feel your pain My wife is on her 7th or 8th iPhone same problem too, freezing up. except the first 3 wifi didn't work . Last time we were in ALB we went back to the Apple store got a new one ,so far so good. (knock on wood)

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
yes like i said the freezing randomly stopped. Which doesn't make sense to me. Im glad im not the only with replacement problems. But it bugs me knowing that some people have had them since they came out and no problems. But you and me, nothing but problems!

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
haha. I actually asked today if i could upgrade to the 16 gig for the 100 dollar difference. Couldnt do it. I hope this one doesn't freeze up again. I just want an iPhone that works. This is the 4th phone since december 14th!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
yes like i said the freezing randomly stopped. Which doesn't make sense to me. Im glad im not the only with replacement problems. But it bugs me knowing that some people have had them since they came out and no problems. But you and me, nothing but problems!

Strange my current iPhone seems to be the most unstable. Today it froze & wouldn't let me turn off the speakerphone then just went black. About 10 mins. ago I pressed the home button and it rebooted itself out of knowhere. I have never seen an iPhone freeze up so much. I'm just gonna live with it though because I'm tired of dealing with the Apple store bs(I'm the bad guy because there product is defective) and when you send it to Applecare they either send you a refurb, or send you back your old iPhone with a problem can not be reproduced letter.:oops:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
See this is what I don't understand... After returning the problem iPhone I would understand getting a refurb but then having to return that refurb for a 3rd I would of demanded a new one then... To have to go through 4 or more bad ones is unacceptable I would demand a brand new 16gb iPhone for all the troubles you have been though and if they do not do that trash the store and run

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Strange my current iPhone seems to be the most unstable. Today it froze & wouldn't let me turn off the speakerphone then just went black. About 10 mins. ago I pressed the home button and it rebooted itself out of knowhere. I have never seen an iPhone freeze up so much. I'm just gonna live with it though because I'm tired of dealing with the Apple store bs(I'm the bad guy because there product is defective) and when you send it to Applecare they either send you a refurb, or send you back your old iPhone with a problem can not be reproduced letter.:oops:
I agree. Im sick of making an appointment. Waiting a day. Driving up there. Dealing with the genius bar. Then going home to find the phone is as broke as the last. Hopefully this one stays perfect.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
See this is what I don't understand... After returning the problem iPhone I would understand getting a refurb but then having to return that refurb for a 3rd I would of demanded a new one then... To have to go through 4 or more bad ones is unacceptable I would demand a brand new 16gb iPhone for all the troubles you have been though and if they do not do that trash the store and run

Hell yah! Sounds like a Great! Idea. thumbup.gif

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Definently go for the manager...nothing ever gets done until you say those magic words, "I'd like to speak to you manager please". Then all of a sudden they want to help.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Definently go for the manager...nothing ever gets done until you say those magic words, "I'd like to speak to you manager please". Then all of a sudden they want to help.
Usually, but not the manager at my local Apple store. He's the biggest *ick in there. He's a little short muscley guy with a chip on his shoulder. Reminds me of Ben Stiller in Dodgeball!:p I tried to call Apple too but he dosen't even answer to them.