Under 18 and want to purchase iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kyled8888@gmail.com

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Hey, I have a unique (well, probably not too unique) situation. I'm 17, and I want to buy the iPhone with my own money, activating on my iTunes account, but under my dads name and Social Security (he'll pay the bill). What do you guys think I should do? I'm planning on dragging my dad down to the store with me ;)

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Easy. If you have the cash, just go to the store and get one. Then when you get home, activate it and use your dad's ss# and address and just your iTunes account. Then it'll run a credit check through him and the bill will be sent to him and he'll essentially be the name on the account. But you'll just use the phone.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
I think you'll be able to buy it by yourself. It probably wouldn't be a problem to have your dad come and wait with you at least for the last 10 minutes before they let you in. (5:50?)

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Double check that. I thought that in that guided tour video they said that you'd get a reference code for a credit check when you purchased the phone.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiPhone/guidedtour.html
Only if you purchase at AT&T and get pre-qualified. Otherwise you enter your SS into iTunes and they do the check while you wait online.

To the original poster, you might want to use your own SS number but your dads credit card. As long as your histroy is clean or non-existent, great way to build up some credit early in life. Assuming dad will pay the bill of course.

- SR