Unibody MacBook vs. plastic MacBook

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
So, I recently went from the white plastic macbook, to the unibody macbook. With my first macbook, if my computer was open and on (unplugged), it would go to sleep and conserve the battery so you could just wake it up. However, 2 times already my unibody macbook has gone completely dead just sitting open in sleep mode. Has anyone else experienced this? It is really not a huge deal, I just want to make sure my new computer isn't defective.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Sleep mode conserves energy but it still drains the battery. How long did you leave it in stand by without being plugged in before it died and what was the approximate battery percentage when you left it?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Sleep mode conserves energy but it still drains the battery. How long did you leave it in stand by without being plugged in before it died and what was the approximate battery percentage when you left it?
Honestly, I don't know for sure. I just noticed a difference between the 2 computers. In general my battery lasts pretty long, so I am guessing it's a non issue. Just wanted to make sure.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
It may not be set to sleep, thus completely draining the battery. Have you checked the energy saver settings?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
Yes, it is set to sleep. However I am pretty sure both times this happened it was asleep for several hours.

mazdaboi

Jul 1, 2009
i still have the white Macbook1, Im on my second battery, but when im away for the day, i just shut down the MB completely to save the drainage on my battery. doesn't take anytime to boot the laptop up for use.

but even if the MB is alseep all day in standby, you should easily have 3/4 of the battery life left if it was put to sleep at full.

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
have you calibrated your battery? I did and it may a big difference on my al macbook. I can either leave the screen up or put it down and the battery lasts a day to a day and a half on the battery alone.