Uninstall Apps?

yoyoma02

Sep 24, 2008
Hey everyone -
I just got my iPhone last Friday and I'm loving it!

Quick question: If I want to get rid of an app I downloaded, I hold the app icon down for a few seconds and it stars shaking. I click the little red X on the top left hand corner of the app and the icon goes away. Does this mean that the app is uninstalled and isn't taking up any more memory on the phone, or does it just not display the icon?

Am I missing a step?

Thanks!

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
The final step of the uninstall will take place the first time you sync with iTunes. All you did by deleting at the phone was to delete the icon and tell iTunes to actually the software at the next sync.

yoyoma02

Sep 24, 2008
basically...

So, basically by deleting the icons, the app's will be gone next time I sync it up to iTunes. There's nothing else for me to do?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
No, that is it. It will be gone from the phone completely next time you sync.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
You got it. You can also delete the app in iTunes. Simply go to the app, high lite it and delete it. If you do it that way, when you sync you will get a question that says something like "iTunes has found a paid app on your iPhone" do you want to transfer it to iTunes?" Click no! The reason it does this is because although you deleted the icon on your phone you never actually deleted the software.

motojavs

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Hello,
What about deleting apps from a jb iPhone? Do I follow the same steps?