Uninstall_Icon_Body?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't think I've ever see this one before. When tapping on the "X" to remove AppStore apps, the UIImage pop-up is messed up.

Anybody know of any Springboard strings that might be causing this? It doesn't have to be fixed, but I don't like knowing that there's something wrong.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I don't think I've ever see this one before. When tapping on the "X" to remove AppStore apps, the UIImage pop-up is messed up.

Anybody know of any Springboard strings that might be causing this? It doesn't have to be fixed, but I don't like knowing that there's something wrong.
I've seen this before, on 1.1.3 when i installed a Russian patch that was meant for 1.1.2, so it didn't have quite a few strings, such as add to home screen, and stuff.

i solved it by installing one made for 1.1.3.

You have a slightly more difficult problem.

I do not know where the English.strings file is in 2.0 - I'm guessing its still in Springboard.app.

I wish i still had an iPhone, I'd send you my English.strings.

Try going into Customize and editing the string.
Although I'm almost positive that you can't edit those particular strings in customize.

Someone go to Library/System/Springboard.app/English.iproj take the whole English folder, and upload it somewhere.

Why do I still remember this? I haven't messed around with an iPhone for more than a month.

by the way is that the Deja Vu font I see?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't think that Customize includes those strings either, but I'll look around in the English.lproj folder when I get home.

The font is a modification of the NeoTech font. I just replaced the default Helvetica fonts through SSH, as I refuse to install or pay for Kate.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
The Deja Vu font is absolutely free.

MobileEnhancer (free), + Deja Vu font (also free) = very nice looking font.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I was able to fix it by editing the Springboard.strings file.

I've seen MobileEnhancer in Installer, but do you know if it's available in Cydia? (I removed Installer as it's crashes are pathetic performance really got to me.) And where is DejaVu?

bean22

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I downloaded Mobile Enhancer from Installer. Where can i find a different font, and how do i install it?