Uninstalled SummerBoard...tired of unresponsive buttons

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I realize SummerBoard has a lot of amazing qualities but the biggest drawback is the unresponsive buttons. Once I get back to the homescreen and try to quickly push a button, it always takes a couple tries, unless you wait about a second a half before trying to push something. I guess the whole screen takes about a second to become available to touch when you first go back to the homescreen. Call me picky, but this is just really annoying. I hope they can fix this in an update, but for now I guess I'm just gonna deal with my black background and use Finder to launch all my third party apps past 16 widgets.

Is anyone else annoyed by the unresponsive buttons too?

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
No unresponsive buttons here. What do you have running in the background? Install UIctl and check...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
You're not letting the buttons stop scrolling to the top before you press them. Look at the button when it doesn't launch on the first tap, it will be darker, like you're still tapping it.

The button is sliding out from under your finger and just reporting the last known state.

Its no different with the default springboard, the only difference is you can't press those buttons as theyre populating the page like you can with summerboard.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
It's worse than that. I know I can't push the buttons while they're scrolling up. Once they've stopped scrolling, it's at least another second before they start working. I don't think it's SummerBoard alone that's doing this, especially since there haven't been any other complaints. It must be some type of incompatibility issue between SummerBoard and some other third party app.

All I know is that without SummerBoard, my iPhone feels a lot more solid and responsive. I feel like I have twice as much control. Plus, SummerBoard forced me to reset my phone at least twice a day because of freezing, missing icons, etc.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Do you run Dock also?

Try ditching that first, I run a lot better since dropping it over SummerBoard.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I realize SummerBoard has a lot of amazing qualities but the biggest drawback is the unresponsive buttons. Once I get back to the homescreen and try to quickly push a button, it always takes a couple tries, unless you wait about a second a half before trying to push something. I guess the whole screen takes about a second to become available to touch when you first go back to the homescreen. Call me picky, but this is just really annoying. I hope they can fix this in an update, but for now I guess I'm just gonna deal with my black background and use Finder to launch all my third party apps past 16 widgets.

Is anyone else annoyed by the unresponsive buttons too?

yes you are picky. But I am not unfimiliar with "button lag" when dealing with summerboard. Not a bad trade off if you ask me... One second? WTF?