United Airlines adds iPod/iPhone hookups

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Just ran across this story about United Airlines adding the ability to connect your iPod or iPhone to their in-flight TVs...

Excerpt from the article:

Following in Singapore Air's footsteps as "the world's largest flying dock," United announced Monday that it would become the first U.S. airline to offer in-flight iPod and iPhone connectivity.
Beginning today, the carrier will offer the service as part of its in-flight entertainment system, letting users charge and connect their devices to the plane's 15.4-inch personal TVs.
"Our guests may now watch or listen to what they want, when they want with programming they choose," United's executive vice president and chief customer cfficer Graham Atkinson said in a statement. "United will continue to provide services and technology that makes our customers' travel experiences more relaxed and enjoyable."...
I wonder if or when other airlines will do this.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I hope American gets this...I fly with them frequently

...Delta too

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
This is a pretty big deal that any airline would get behind and support a specific device. I look forward to it myself as I do a lot of overseas travel (as much as 26 hours each way), I usually try to find a seat by a plug while I am waiting on a connection to get the battery charged back up.