Unjailbreaking

jo12jt1

Bronze
Apr 3, 2010
iPhone 4s 5.1.1. When I get the file down I extract it to my desk top but with the first green poison that came out there was more than just the program in the folder there was a data file and other things ! When I download this latest one I only have the program and nothing else in the folder ?

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
iPhone 4s 5.1.1. When I get the file down I extract it to my desk top but with the first green poison that came out there was more than just the program in the folder there was a data file and other things ! When I download this latest one I only have the program and nothing else in the folder ?
Once you extract it, the program should come up and you can drag to your desktop.

Are you using greenpois0n.com/ to jailbreak? That's the latest jailbreak, Absinthe. Make sure you choose the right version, Windows, Mac or Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
As a reminder, it's a good idea to make sure you run as Administrator if you are on a PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It sounds like you're clicking the wrong file. Go into absinthe-win-2.0.2 folder and select the absinthe.exe file.

jo12jt1

Bronze
Apr 3, 2010
yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
at last. when i downloaded the file it still kept giving me the comand line asking me if i wanted to do different things. i picked skip to which the command line started to scroll as if putting your computer into safe mode, it then gave a second folder and within that was the file that i was looking for. this was after doing another complete formatt of my laptop, should of bought Android ha ha ha

thanks to all that helped
Apple fanboys rule

KentWK

Oct 13, 2011
I could sure use some serious help. I jailbroke my phone with absinth, and it is working just fine. Now I've tried jailbreaking, and it ain't that much fun. So my problem is, that i cant reverse, what I've done. I tried recovery in iTunes, that gives mé error 3194. Unauthorized firmware( sorry for spelling wrong, I'm Danish :)

I've tried changing last line in hostfile, same error. Manually downloaded new firmware, Holding down shift, when pressing recovery. Same error.

I read that i can never reverse, cause i didn't save some SHSHfiles(i Think) before jailbreaking. And can never Update because of the 3194 error. I really hope you guys can help mé with something that DO work...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I could sure use some serios help.
I jailbroke my phone with absinth, and it is working just fine. Now I've tried jailbreaking, and it aint that much fun. So my problem is, that i cant reverse, what I've done.
I tried recovery in iTunes, that gives mé error 3194. Unautorrized firmware( sorry for spelling wrong, I'm Danish :)
I've tried changing last line in hostfile, same error. Manually downloaded new firmware, Holding down shift, when pressing recovery. Same error.
I read that i Can never reverse, cause i didn't save some SHSHfiles(i Think) before jailbreaking. And Can never Update because of the 3194 error. I really hope you guys can help mé with something that DO work...
Which device are you using and what firmware did you try and jailbreak?

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I've Got iPhone 4, and iOS 5.1.1....
You should have no problem re jailbreaking after a successful restore. I have an iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 as well.

Here is a link to the Apple website that explains error codes and possible solutions.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

"Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:
  1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow this article for assistance with security software. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.
  3. Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. FollowiTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See section "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information".
  4. Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
  5. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service."
Do you have the latest version of iTunes? Have you tried using a different computer?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This error is because your hosts file is wrong. Install TinyUmbrella and uncheck the box next to Set Hosts to Cydia on exit and then close TinyUmbrella. The restore should work fine after that and the jailbreak will be removed. You don't need an SHSH for 5.1.1.

LucianHussey

Nov 14, 2012
I bought my new iPhone today, never had one and it's a 3gs, I bought it jailbroke and the guy said (it isn't a professional store, so I think he's trying to trick me), it will cost money + take a week to unjailbreak it so I can update and use the apps I want to, I have seen other methods online so I think he's lying, any help here? I'm a total noob to this stuff.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Moved to the iPhone jailbreak forum.

Yeah, it sounds like he's trying to scam you or at least charge you for something that you can easily do yourself.

You can unjailbreak yourself at any time. It will only take a few minutes. To remove the jailbreak, simply update the software or restore in iTunes.

The jailbreak will not interfere with App Store apps or app updates.

LucianHussey

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks, the guy was telling me it'd break and stuff if I did it myself, so I just looked online and took the risk, it's currently updating. Thanks for the reassurance, it's appreciated :)