Unknown Album for songs with the same artist that just appear randomly on my iPhone album list

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Anubis81, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Anubis81

Anubis81 New Member

I'm kinda OCD & pedantic about the order of things like my music, and one thing that is bugging the hell out of me at the moment is that in the alphabetical listing of my albums Unknown Album for songs with the same artist that just appear randomly on my iPhone album list, for example I have music by Mozart, and there are no albums to put his music to, so its Unknown, this collective of songs appear in the "B" list of Albums on my iPhone list, I have tried every measure of editing to correct this, but nothing has worked.

I also have two accounts attached to two different email address, how do I cancel one of the iTunes accounts?

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

In the case of your Mozart tracks here is what I would try: Select all of the tracks in question and then hit Command I (or File > Get Info.) Fill in the "Artist" and "Album Artists" fields with "Mozart." Then fill in the "Album" field with what ever you want his music to be grouped under. You can fill in any of the other fields as you like but this will be changing the tags for all tracks selected. Now would also be a good time to add a universal album art if the tracks don't already have their own.

I know how you feel about having your music organized just so. I've spent many hours editing tags in iTunes to achieve perfection. There are third part apps out there to aid in this process but I've always just done it manually.
    Hope this helps.

3. Anubis81

Anubis81 New Member

Thanks for your help.

Were it not for you, I would not have thought of the word that best describes what "album" they should be labeled under. That word being Compositions.

Thank you so much.

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Happy to help! :)

5. Anubis81

Anubis81 New Member

:)

So, I have found another issue.

That is now, I find there are songs that I bought off iTunes, and are AAC encoded, and even editing them every which way I know how still will not put the albums in the required place on my phone, even though on iTunes on my PC it goes where it should

6. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

7. Anubis81

Anubis81 New Member

Hey thanks again.

I emailed Apple yesterday also, and I have to call their customer centre to arrange it.