Unknown Error (1)! HELP PLEASE!

welsh-dan

Dec 27, 2007
I'm slowly and painfully dying here, so please help if you can!

I've got a UK o2 iPhone 1.1.2. I've spent the last 2/3 days trying to jailbreak the phone but can't get any further than unpacking the 1.1.1.ipsw hardware in iTunes - UNKNOWN ERROR (1)! No matter what I do, it kicks out the same message!
I've tried downloading different packages incase I've picked up a bad download but I always get the same message popping up? I'm almost 100% sure I'm putting the iPhone into DFU mode. iTunes is clearly saying it's found a phone in recovery mode, with a yellow triangle graphic on iTunes. I then choose the 1.1.1 from my computer, it downloads it then bounces me to my iTunes library and gives the above error message!?
I've read on a few forums that this error message is shown because it's not in DFU mode correctly, but how can that be? I've received iTunes instruction saying the phone is in recovery mode & I've begun downloading the 1.1.1 firmware? aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh! This is screwing my head up big time....any help will be appreciated big time! Thanks in advance ;O)

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I'm slowly and painfully dying here, so please help if you can!

I've got a UK o2 iPhone 1.1.2. I've spent the last 2/3 days trying to jailbreak the phone but can't get any further than unpacking the 1.1.1.ipsw hardware in iTunes - UNKNOWN ERROR (1)! No matter what I do, it kicks out the same message!
I've tried downloading different packages incase I've picked up a bad download but I always get the same message popping up? I'm almost 100% sure I'm putting the iPhone into DFU mode. iTunes is clearly saying it's found a phone in recovery mode, with a yellow triangle graphic on iTunes. I then choose the 1.1.1 from my computer, it downloads it then bounces me to my iTunes library and gives the above error message!?
I've read on a few forums that this error message is shown because it's not in DFU mode correctly, but how can that be? I've received iTunes instruction saying the phone is in recovery mode & I've begun downloading the 1.1.1 firmware? aaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh! This is screwing my head up big time....any help will be appreciated big time! Thanks in advance ;O)
Don't panic.!

Here are a few things to try in order of potential usefulness...

Try using a different USB cable to the one you're using - and bypass any hubbery.

Keep holding the 'home' button for a bit longer. Doing the DFU mode thing and then plugging the phone into the dock can help.

Find another computer to use if yours is a bit chronologically challenged.

Update to the latest version of iTunes

Good luck

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
use iBricker and click the downgrade button to put the phone fully in DFU mode.

Close ibrikr and try again in iTunes....worked for me after hours of trying different packages.

welsh-dan

Dec 27, 2007
Nes Roms

got it all fixed up last night! phew..i was starting to panic for a bit! ;o)

it seems using firefox as a browser for downloading the 1.1.1.ipsw file was a help. Also docking my iPhone with a different USB helped fix the error (1) problem.
Big thanks to you for your advice. I'm having difficulty now in downloading roms for my NES emulator....any idea what the best thing is to do?

Is their any recommended way to get them on you iPhone without using software like ifuntastic? i fear if i use that program after jailbreaking my iPhone i might have to start again ;o( Cheers for any help in advance...any advice will be appreciated.

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
got it all fixed up last night! phew..i was starting to panic for a bit! ;o)

it seems using firefox as a browser for downloading the 1.1.1.ipsw file was a help. Also docking my iPhone with a different USB helped fix the error (1) problem.
Big thanks to you for your advice. I'm having difficulty now in downloading roms for my NES emulator....any idea what the best thing is to do?

Is their any recommended way to get them on you iPhone without using software like ifuntastic? i fear if i use that program after jailbreaking my iPhone i might have to start again ;o( Cheers for any help in advance...any advice will be appreciated.
dude just add the BigBoss source. It has like 100 NES ROMs.

Akumakis

Jan 21, 2008
Unknown error 1 on 1.1.2 4.6

Hey, I'm suffering the same problem, but can't seem to beat it. I'm running the software on a Mac. Everything works up till the actual downgrade to 1.1.1; it gives me an unknown error (1) instead of (1015). iNdependence can't do anything, though it shows the phone in DFU mode. Tried redoing the downgrade multiple times, no luck, same error consistently.

The phone is 1.1.2 OTB, 4.6. Recent purchase, but before 1.1.3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Aku