Unknown iPhone Keyboard function

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
I discovered this randomly while holding down one of the buttons on the keyboard while typing something in the Safari web browser.

I'm sorry if all of you already know about this but this is the first time I have ever seen this function (since Apple is too cheap to offer a strategy booklet with a $400 piece of equipment).

Sorry if my very first post seems to be a nuissance.

Pics:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
yes,

thats the thing to choose other characters that are based on the letter -

like the esset, the B looking thing if you do that to the 'S'

thats a double 'S' in German.

just my $0.02 on this

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
Yeah, sorry for my first post to be on such a small thing but I thought this was pretty cool. It's kind of moronic for Apple to hold teaching classes for the iPhone instead of just including an instruction manual with it in the first place.

And that "B" thing is pretty cool.

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Yeah, it's AWESOME for when i send texts in spanish to my friends haha. (we talk spanish to each other to joke around because we're all take a spanish class)

Dec 26, 2007
reply:

hey its the first time i saw this function.... thanks for the post... i just got my iPhone and im in a country where there's only istore's but kinda short on support... had to jailbreak my unit myself!

I discovered this randomly while holding down one of the buttons on the keyboard while typing something in the Safari web browser.

I'm sorry if all of you already know about this but this is the first time I have ever seen this function (since Apple is too cheap to offer a strategy booklet with a $400 piece of equipment).

Sorry if my very first post seems to be a nuissance.

Pics: