Unlimited $19.99 Media Net SMS Message 9/25?

Jul 14, 2008
Besides my real iPhone plan, I am using the sim from a GoPhone in a 3G iPhone. Everything works including SMS/MMS and even data.

Today I got a text from AT&T informing me that I could sign up for unlimited media net for $19.99 a month. I was happy to hear that so I called 611 and went through to the media net and was not offered the $19.99 deal but two other worthless options. Unlimited was nowhere to be found. I'm gonna call AT&T in the morning and ask if it is coming back and if not, why I got the text.

Anyone else get this? I know there are a few people here using GoPhone sims in iPhones.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The way I understand it, the unlimited MediaNet multimedia messaging which includes text, pics and video will replace the iPhone texting plan which is already $20 a month. However, the iPhone Data Plan required for each iPhone 3G and 3GS will remain $30 a month. I just looked at my bill online and since I've had MMS enabled for several months, it has MediaNet at $0.00 but it also shows the iPhone Data and Text plans that I mentioned at the rates above.

Jul 14, 2008
Just to let people know, I successfuly added the GoPhone $19.99 unlimited data plan onto my account by calling AT&T on Sunday and asking for it.

The rep knew exactly what I was talking about and added it on. It became active this morning and I've been using it on my 3G iPhone! Nice speeds and no more annoying warnings that the last 2KB cost .02 cents or whatever!

No more having half my balance eaten up by accidentally opening Safari!