Unlimited data with the 4S upgrade on AT&T?

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
If you were grandfathered in with unlimited data on the iPhone 4 is AT&T going to let you remain on the unlimited data plan if you upgrade to the 4S? If they do not allow unlimited data with the upgrade do you still plan on upgrading?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm almost positive it is still grandfathered in.

And with throttling now happening I can't imagine they would eliminate. They will just let it go away through attrition.

Michael

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I read somewhere that they wouldn't grandfather in on the next iPhone release.

But it's all speculation until we actually talk to someone during the upgrade policy.
it's not that line I upgrade until next iPhone (5 or is it 6?) but man if Sprints offer better deals ? Why not move ? So far the coverage was never an issue (I know that because hubbies work uses sprint)

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
it's not that line I upgrade until next iPhone (5 or is it 6?) but man if Sprints offer better deals ? Why not move ? So far the coverage was never an issue (I know that because hubbies work uses sprint)
For my location Sprint sucks. 1 bar opposed to AT&T having 4 bars of 3G. Also took 30 seconds after hitting call to actually connect the call. So for me even though it is cheaper, it's not worth the frustration.

Obviously your mileage may vary

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I have Sprint for two phones (for over 10 years now) and it would be cheaper to go with the i4S on Sprint. But I can't see dumping AT&T. I wonder if we can have 2 numbers with the iPhone 4S on two different carriers. That would be slick. :)

Michael

TheSnowman

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
I going to try sprint. Was with them 3 years ago before I came to AT&T for the iPhone so now I figured I will try them again and get the unlimited data

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I have Sprint for two phones (for over 10 years now) and it would be cheaper to go with the i4S on Sprint. But I can't see dumping AT&T. I wonder if we can have 2 numbers with the iPhone 4S on two different carriers. That would be slick. :)

Michael
With it being dual band CDMA/GSM you never know. That would be cool. My personal phone is AT&T, my company uses Verizon.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I have unlimited data now on my parents family plan but will be getting a new plan with my fiancé. I know I'm gonna lose the unlimited and since I average 3 to 3.5GB a month I'll be paying about $45 instead of $30. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iCafe app

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I have unlimited data now on my parents family plan but will be getting a new plan with my fiancé. I know I'm gonna lose the unlimited and since I average 3 to 3.5GB a month I'll be paying about $45 instead of $30. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iCafe app
Unless I'm mistaken you can transfer your line to it's own plan without changing anything.