Unlock a 1.0 iPhone for Mac users?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 2, 2007
I have a 1.0 iPhone... I have read through and download files to my comp to try and unlock this phone to use with T-mobile. None of the files I've download will open on my mac. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

dmwinkler11@ou.edu

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
I didn't unlock my iPhone, I'm using ATT, but from the word going around, don't waste your time trying to unlock b/c Apple is trying to put an end to it. The update that was released yesterday is apparently making unlocked iPhone's not work. So, I'd wait until they come out with a new app to unlock it again.

Aug 2, 2007
I didn't unlock my iPhone, I'm using ATT, but from the word going around, don't waste your time trying to unlock b/c Apple is trying to put an end to it. The update that was released yesterday is apparently making unlocked iPhone's not work. So, I'd wait until they come out with a new app to unlock it again.
Yes, I've read that as well... but, I would like to unlock it with the current software it has 1.0 or if someone knows how to install 1.0.2. Non of files I download will open on my Mac though.. not sure if I'm doing something wrong or these apps can only be used on a PC.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Easy to unlock

Download 1.0.2 SW (a few forums list were you can find this). Clear all other files out of your user library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates, copy this file there. Disconnect from the net. Plug iPhone in and update (use option/shift key if it does not find the software). Then unlock as for 1.0.2. Then never update it until the hackers fix Apple update 1.1.1:laugh2:

Aug 2, 2007
Download 1.0.2 SW (a few forums list were you can find this). Clear all other files out of your user library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates, copy this file there. Disconnect from the net. Plug iPhone in and update (use option/shift key if it does not find the software). Then unlock as for 1.0.2. Then never update it until the hackers fix Apple update 1.1.1:laugh2:
OK, Thanks for the great info! I did what you said but, it didn't work and the iPhone says "connect to iTunes" with a yellow /!\ ... I have tried to reset but, it keeps coming to the same thing... any ideas on what I could do now?

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
OK, Thanks for the great info! I did what you said but, it didn't work and the iPhone says "connect to iTunes" with a yellow /!\ ... I have tried to reset but, it keeps coming to the same thing... any ideas on what I could do now?
Maybe you can't jump directly from 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 - try doing it via 1.0.1

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Was the software download zipped?

If so unzip it - not certain why this does not work on virgin phone - I did this on virgin (1.0.0) phone 2 days ago:confused: