Unlock after Jailbreaking!

zboy_123

Mar 12, 2009
Hi Guys
I'm new here and thanks for putting a wonderful forum here.

I was looking to jailbreak my phone which I got in India and was really worried that it would void my warranty since it's very expensive here in India around 750$ :( so it would suck if it stops functioning. However, restore thingy and wonderful encouragement on the forum here has got me into it.

I visited the link suggested here regarding jailbreaking on GIZMODO which states that I should not follow these steps if I intend to unlock my iPhone in future. Although, I don't intend to unlock my iPhone right now since data package from AIRTEL (500 MB free/month in India) rocks but I don't like the idea that I won't be able to unlock it in future as GIZMODO claims in warning :(

Can somebody help me out here as tell me how to jailbreak with that possibility still on?

iPhone 3G
Version 2.2.1 (5H11)
Modem Firmware 02.30.03

Nitin

zboy_123

Mar 12, 2009
Hi guys
thanks for the overwhelming number of responses. Just a heads up - did jailbreak it successfuly and it's an amazing feeling.

Mar 17, 2009
Would you be so kind to send me this info for unlocking...I'm so stuck...I am on the same boat as you are...Updated the phone but can't jailbreak...I really have look everywhere and No Luck! Pls Help!

Thanks in Advance!