Unlock, ibricker - have AT&T and want to use iPhone

Mar 17, 2008
Hi, I have a few questions and I hope that I can find the answers here.

Backgroud: I have purchased a iPhone that had been registered in the past and since has been turned off. The phone does not ask me to activate on the slider bar. I have a good plan on the att network and would like to keep it while simply switching my sim from my current phone to the used iPhone. I tried it and the phone says no service or something to that effect. To upgrade to one of the new plans would be like $50 bucks more a month

Questions:
Do i need to unlock the phone even though I plan on staying on the att network? or just fake activate it.

What is the best way to do this? I was looking at the ziPhone software is this a good place to start.

also does any one have a way to turn off the edge service as i do not have data on my current plan.

I thank you for any help you can give me believe me it is appreciated.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
In the top right hand corner, you will see a box which says "Search". Try using it. Magic happens when you do.

Hi, I have a few questions and I hope that I can find the answers here.

Backgroud: I have purchased a iPhone that had been registered in the past and since has been turned off. The phone does not ask me to activate on the slider bar. I have a good plan on the att network and would like to keep it while simply switching my sim from my current phone to the used iPhone. I tried it and the phone says no service or something to that effect. To upgrade to one of the new plans would be like $50 bucks more a month

Questions:
Do i need to unlock the phone even though I plan on staying on the att network? or just fake activate it.

What is the best way to do this? I was looking at the ziPhone software is this a good place to start.

also does any one have a way to turn off the edge service as i do not have data on my current plan.

I thank you for any help you can give me believe me it is appreciated.

Mar 17, 2008
wow rave man thanks for you help .. NOT Now why didn't I think of that ( SEARCH )Oh maybe because I have and I can't find the answer in the search atleast for the edge part of my question. Is it reall so much to ask for people to share their experiences using different pieces of sotware. I did not think I was doing anything wrong by asking a few question and hoping that someone on here has actually been where I am today.

Mar 17, 2008
Thanks themanofthedark I will download that software and try to do my best.