Unlock iPhone 3G

Jun 29, 2009
Hi All,

I have an iPhone 3G 8GB, firmware 2.2.1 baseband 02.30.03 which I want to unlock. Which is the best known reliable unlock procedure?

From my search, I have found that this particular firmware and baseband cannot be unlocked. My options,

1. I need to update to OS 3.0 and use Ultrasnow to unlock.
2. Buy some SIM solution
3. Buy Software solutions from other websites like iPhoneunlocking (scam?)

Which of the above would you suggest?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi All,

I have an iPhone 3G 8GB, firmware 2.2.1 baseband 02.30.03 which I want to unlock. Which is the best known reliable unlock procedure?

From my search, I have found that this particular firmware and baseband cannot be unlocked. My options,

1. I need to update to OS 3.0 and use Ultrasnow to unlock.
2. Buy some SIM solution
3. Buy Software solutions from other websites like iPhoneunlocking (scam?)

Which of the above would you suggest?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated.
This needs to be posted in the iPhone Modifications forum.

Jun 29, 2009
KabaModern, I am new here and was not aware of the process. I will do it. Please point me to that forum, i am not able to find it.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Thanks, chris.

I can answer this for you, rajkumarkarthic, I just wanted to ensure it was in the proper place for other members to view/reply to it.

Anyway, what you'll want to do, IMO, if upgrade your iPhone to OS 3.0 and perform a jailbreak via redsn0w (my preference) and then unlock your iPhone with ultrasn0w, which is available in Cydia by adding this to your sources: repo666.ultrasn0w.com

Jun 29, 2009
KabaModern,

Sounds good. Is there any forum message with a step by step procedure? I can find one online but just wanted to be sure it worked for people.

Thanks for your prompt response.

- Raj

Reisdennis62

Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
Livingston, Ca
Hey does anyone know how to unlock the iPhone 3G running on 4.1 firmware? I've been looking around to see if I can find a way to unlock it but I can't.

Oct 15, 2010
BIGSTEP 1: Jailbreak Your iPhone

1.-.Get your stuff updated. Update iTunes to the latest version, and make sure your iPhone runs the latest iPhone firmware 3.1.3.

2.- Sync and Backup everything!: This step is very important if you have lot of photos, data, etc. in your iPhone. Start iTunes and sync with your iPhone.

3.-Download Sn0wbreeze, have it on your desktop.

4.-Start Sn0wbreeze, and select simple mode.

5.-Snowbreeze will ask you for your iPhone firmware, search it in your computer and select it. its the ipsw file.

6.-Unlock your iPhone. Click on yes or no when snowbreeze ask for activating your iPhone.

7.- Wait. sn0wbreeze will create the custom firmware for you.

8.- Now, go to iTunes and select your iPhone. Press restore while pressing shift, and you will be asked to locate a file. locate the file created with sn0wbreeze.

9.-Wait until iTunes finishes, be patient.

10.- After its unlocked and jailbroken, you can restore your backup that you made before.

links that are used for this tutorial:

hope this helps. :)

Reisdennis62

Bronze
Oct 11, 2010
Livingston, Ca
BIGSTEP 1: Jailbreak Your iPhone

1.-.Get your stuff updated. Update iTunes to the latest version, and make sure your iPhone runs the latest iPhone firmware 3.1.3.

2.- Sync and Backup everything!: This step is very important if you have lot of photos, data, etc. in your iPhone. Start iTunes and sync with your iPhone.

3.-Download Sn0wbreeze, have it on your desktop.

4.-Start Sn0wbreeze, and select simple mode.

5.-Snowbreeze will ask you for your iPhone firmware, search it in your computer and select it. its the ipsw file.

6.-Unlock your iPhone. Click on yes or no when snowbreeze ask for activating your iPhone.

7.- Wait. sn0wbreeze will create the custom firmware for you.

8.- Now, go to iTunes and select your iPhone. Press restore while pressing shift, and you will be asked to locate a file. locate the file created with sn0wbreeze.

9.-Wait until iTunes finishes, be patient.

10.- After its unlocked and jailbroken, you can restore your backup that you made before.

links that are used for this tutorial:

hope this helps. :)
Well my iPhone 3G is running on 4.1 firmware is it possible to downgrade it to a firmware that's available to unlock?

saradalton

Oct 15, 2010
Well my iPhone 3G is running on 4.1 firmware is it possible to downgrade it to a firmware that's available to unlock?

yes i believe you can downgrade it to a firmware.

Wish you best of luck :)

Aug 26, 2010
First question to you is when you upgrade to 4.1 did you preserved the baseband. Technically you screwed if you didn't preserved the baseband. Check the modem firMware on your phone.. Setting-General-About, Scroll all the way down. You are using 3g and running 4.1. It should have 5.14.02 baseband. You would have to wait until 4.2 officially released. Unlock for this baseband will followed after 4.2 is realeased.

FYI. You can downgrade the firmware all you want, but NOT THE BASEBAND. People often mistaken between the firmware and baseband.

Sn0wbreez and iREb only jailbreak 3g/s, it does not unlock your iPhone.

Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
download the latest redsn0w plug in iPhone open up redsn0w and tick the box ''downgrade baseband'' go through the jailbreaking process and then open cydia and add the sourc repo666.ultrasn0w.com and then you will be unlocked. any problems let me know. this is the most easiest way to unlock it on 4.1,

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
As it's an iPhone 3G, it can be unlocked on the latest firmware - iOS 4.2.1. You don't need to downgrade the baseband.

Update to 4.2.1 via iTunes. Then download Redsn0w from the Dev-Teams blog and jailbreak the device (this will be an un-tethered jailbreak). Once you have jailbroken the iPhone install 'Ultrasn0w' (without quotations) through Cydia. The 0 in Ultrasn0w is a zero.

You will have a nice unlocked iPhone 3G :p

Mar 19, 2011
Has anyone aware any unlock tool which can unlock my Jailbroken iPhone 3G? Have been struggling since I have got iOS 4.3

- Michael

U

unlockmyiphone4

iPhone 3GS can be unlocked with Greenpois0n and ultrasn0w