Unlock it?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

loopi_lu

Nov 6, 2007
my boyfriend just got the iPhone, and we live in switzerland. it is the 1.1.2 version i think, because wen you turn it on it has the iTunes cable and sign on it. would this work for it aswell? his network is swisscom.
and what is oob and otb?

loopi_lu

Nov 6, 2007
oh :( are they trying to find a code? what are all the other 1.1.2 unlocking things for then? sorry im reali new and confused :S

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
you can unlock it as long as it didn't come with 1.1.2 originally on it... Also most people are talking about jailbreaking which makes it where you can put 3rd party apps on the iPhone

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
my boyfriend just got the iPhone, and we live in switzerland. it is the 1.1.2 version i think, because wen you turn it on it has the iTunes cable and sign on it. would this work for it aswell? his network is swisscom.
and what is oob and otb?
You can check your phone's firmware by going to Settings-->General-->About

Since you have an unlocked phone, I'm going to assume it was upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, since there's no way to unlock an OTB phone at the moment. If that's the case, you'll have to downgrade back to 1.1.1, downgrade the baseband firmware (revirginize) and stay at 1.1.1. (From what I understand, since you were already at 1.1.2 once before, you won't be able to just upgrade back to 1.1.2 and unlock until the Dev Team figures out a way).

Just follow these instructions on how to downgrade back to 1.1.1 and revirginize:
http://iPhone.unlock.no/#how-to-downgrade-1.1.2

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
her phone came with 1.1.2 so say goodbye to unlocking it for right now just wait it out some nerd somewhere will have a hack for it soon enough

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
here she says its 1.1.2 and there she says its 1.1.1 so what is it whats going on

Last edited by a moderator: