Unlock Slider HELP!

H

Hayesimus

Another question from the technically retarded. I was lookin at some mod pics and i've seen where someone's slider bar said something like "just relax" instead of "slide to unlock". can someone instruct me on how i can get mine to say something like "UNLOCKIMUS". Its a thing i do. I add "imus" to everything. My DELL is "DELLIMUS", My xbox360 is "XBOXIMUS", my iPhone is "iPhonimus", and I(Hayes) am "Hayesimus" you see where I'm going with this.

ANyway. if it could say either "UNLOCKIMUS" or "IPHONIMUS" that would be AWESOME or should i say... AWESOMIMUS? :p thanks in advance! lata

H

Hayesimus

no haha. how do i remove the .txt from the file. just rename it? and then what. i go into iBrickr and do what? do i go to files and then what do i select? i haven't' ever done this before. and i cant figure it out

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
First, use ibrickr and get access to your phone. Follow all the steps. Once you have done so, ibrickr will offer you several choices, among which is FILES. If you click on FILES the image of the iPhone on the right will allow you to to click and change folders. Go to the folder System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/. Once there you will see the file named SpringBoard.strings. Click on it to hightlight it. This is the file you need to replace with the one attached. Just rename the one attached to SpringBoard.strings. Then after you have clicked on the filename within ibrickr you can replace it selecting Upload File. on the left side. Select the one I uploaded and you are done. You do have to reset your iPhone after the upload. Hold down the top button for 5 seconds and slide the red slider when it appears.

H

Hayesimus

Here is a langauge text file with your unlockimus. No other changes from the defaults. I had to make it lower case because it is too long in upper case.

Also, remove the .txt before you send it to your phone.

hey i'm afraid that the file you sent me isn't working. either that or i messed up somewhere but when i uploaded it to my phone and then turned it off and back on now it says "AWAY_LOCK..." intead of "slide to unlock" or "unlockimus" like i had hoped! :S

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I re-tested the file and it works for me using 1.02. I changed my original post and attached the file inside a zip file. Extract it to your desktop (or somewhere) and then use ibrickr to replace the one on the iPhone. Don't edit the file in any way, just extract it from the zip and send it to your iPhone.

H

Hayesimus

GREAT! thanks so much! now, i have a question. it says "unlockimus..." is there a way to get rid of the ellipsis? and also. i didn't even think of it until i was goin through all this but can you make it to where the slide to power off says like Poweroffimus? or just offimus if its too big? and in a zip file cause it worked that way lol

H

Hayesimus

also what program are you using to alter that file? cause i apparently don't have it. i can't read anything in the dang file

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I re-uploaded the file to my original post with both unlockimus and Poweroffimus, without the elipses.

I use a hex editor that won't change anything but the individual characters. its called Hex Editor by HDD Software, a free program. Lots of the stuff in the file are unreadable and you have to be very careful editing.

H

Hayesimus

yeah i'd gather that's why i'm such dummy. i've always been too afraid to mess anything up to try.
i can't thank you enough! its great that there are people on these boards that are so willing to help the little guys.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
Unzip these and replace the originals (Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_Default_CARRIER_ATT.png) in System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app Note that this is the parent folder used for your other mods. You should see the original files there, just replace them.

You should end up with a custom carrier logo with Hayesimus next to it.

Attachments

H

Hayesimus

hmmm... i think i accidentally changed the FSO_carrier_att.png too. but would that matter? i changed the FSO_default_carrier_att.png after that. all i know is that it didn't change my logo. still says AT&T

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
hmmm... i think i accidentally changed the FSO_carrier_att.png too. but would that matter? i changed the FSO_default_carrier_att.png after that. all i know is that it didn't change my logo. still says AT&T
Just download it all again and try again. It has two logos, one for the black background main screen and another for apps with white like Phone.

You also have to shut down and restart.