Unlock Slider...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Question to anyone...

Does anyone ever find that their slider to unlock the phone (after pressing the top right button) isn't responsive. I have had this problem once a week and i usually just turn my phone off and on.

I don't think its a big deal, but maybe i should bring it to Apple? If i did most likely it would work fine when i was there so i dunno.

And another question. How does the insurance policy work for the iPhone. Is it lifetime if the problem is not your fault?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It could be that your touch screen is malfunctioning for one reason or another. I would suggest trying a restore and then try it out again. If the problem persists then I would suggest returning it to Apple. As far as insurance is concerned, the only thing Apple offers is the one-year limited warranty that covers software/hardware issues not drops or spills or anything of the sort.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i have the slider problem to some times and there is a thread here called "gatta hate those lock ups!" or something like that by the member, tharmsen showing his phone locking up while trying to "slide to unlock" so this happens, im not sure if he took it back.. you can ask him....

as for the warranty, it is not life time, you get 2 yrs labor and 1 yr phone support, then you can buy an extension, "Apple care" this will get you an additional year labor and 2 more years phone support.

hope this helps...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
well i was typing mine and when i hit "post" binks posted to but yes i guess that now you get the idea......

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
yeah thanks for the help guys...if i restore i lose my music and photos...do i lose my contacts?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you have you contacts saved on your computer in Office or a similar Mac program then you can simply resync and the contacts will be restored to your phone. I know there are some methods of getting the contacts off of the phone prior to restoring but I am not familiar with those methods unfortunately.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
alright thanks...i need to figure out that way to get the contacts off the phone...if anyone knows please share :)

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
When you sync through iTunes, it should back everything up for you. When you restore, it uses the backup file to put everything back onto your phone.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
When you sync through iTunes, it should back everything up for you. When you restore, it uses the backup file to put everything back onto your phone.
alright sounds good, thanks a lot