unlocked 1.0.2 to unlocked 1.1.1, how?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

viperguy212

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
well i was one of the 1st to buy an iPhone, shorty after i unlocked it and this is where im at today, have never updated (past 1.0.2)

so as the title says, i was wonders what steps do i take to get my phone to 1.1.1 (unlocked), because from there i plan to take it to 1.1.2, that i know how to do, this though im not quite sure, if someone could post up some easy steps that would be great

thanks

viperguy212

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
LOL i do know what revirginizing is but the other no clue

Im guessing i restore to factory, some how update to 1.1.1, and then unlock that?

Ninzono

Nov 30, 2007
LOL i do know what revirginizing is but the other no clue

Im guessing i restore to factory, some how update to 1.1.1, and then unlock that?
Re-virginize the baseband (use virginizer on oneSIM), Upgrade to v1.1.1 then use jailbreakme.com method

All of this info can be found by searching.....

JEGO

Nov 4, 2007
don't do it man lol i tried it, you can see my thread here that says "one step away" I cannot unlock the phone, i jaile breakd it and everything...anySIM 1.1 didn't work for me even tho i re-virginized my cel phone. BTW someone please help me :)

viperguy212

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
lol, well i looked at that re-virgnizer and what not and thats getting way too complex with the different command promps and what not, so correct me if im wrong, but cant i just simply restore back to my factory 1.0.0 (as it was when i got the phone), then manually download the 1.1.1 update and install it?

from there i can use jailbreakme.com and have an unlocked 1.1.1?

Ninzono

Nov 30, 2007
lol, well i looked at that re-virgnizer and what not and thats getting way too complex with the different command promps and what not, so correct me if im wrong, but cant i just simply restore back to my factory 1.0.0 (as it was when i got the phone), then manually download the 1.1.1 update and install it?

from there i can use jailbreakme.com and have an unlocked 1.1.1?
Don't listen to that other guy. I've went from v1.02 unlocked to v1.1.1 unlocked and just the other day to v1.1.2 unlocked.

YOU MUST VIRGINIZE THE BASEBAND BEFORE UPGRADING (this of course doesn't apply if you are downgrading) UNLESS YOU WANT A BRICK!

When the firmware is upgraded/Downgraded it only UPGRADES the baseband if upgrading and if downgrading it stays he same (of course unless you decide to manually downgrade the baseband which is a separate thing all together)

I assume you have installer?

1) Add the source http://i.unlock.no
2) Make sure in settings, general you have he auto lock set to never
3) Go back into the installer and go to the new folder unlocking tools
4) Download and install oneSIM. Then restart your phone and run the program and follow the instructions.
5) Wait for this to complete the process or re-viginizing the baseband. Once complete then all you have to do is restart the phone.
6) Your phone is now in a factory state and are free to upgrade/downgrading using the various methods available.

JEGO

Nov 4, 2007
Don't listen to that other guy. I've went from v1.02 unlocked to v1.1.1 unlocked and just the other day to v1.1.2 unlocked.

YOU MUST VIRGINIZE THE BASEBAND BEFORE UPGRADING (this of course doesn't apply if you are downgrading) UNLESS YOU WANT A BRICK!

When the firmware is upgraded/Downgraded it only UPGRADES the baseband if upgrading and if downgrading it stays he same (of course unless you decide to manually downgrade the baseband which is a separate thing all together)

I assume you have installer?

1) Add the source http://i.unlock.no
2) Make sure in settings, general you have he auto lock set to never
3) Go back into the installer and go to the new folder unlocking tools
4) Download and install oneSIM. Then restart your phone and run the program and follow the instructions.
5) Wait for this to complete the process or re-viginizing the baseband. Once complete then all you have to do is restart the phone.
6) Your phone is now in a factory state and are free to upgrade/downgrading using the various methods available.
Wow i didn't know there was a oneSIM app. I did it using mobile terminal and didn't work at all. So i have a question, my phone is at 1.1 right now and it wont let me unlock it, probably cos i didn't virginized 100%...Can i use the oneSIM app in 1.1.1 and then use anySIM? Will that unlock it? or do I have to downgrade to 1.0.2 ?

Ninzono

Nov 30, 2007
Wow i didn't know there was a oneSIM app. I did it using mobile terminal and didn't work at all. So i have a question, my phone is at 1.1 right now and it wont let me unlock it, probably cos i didn't virginized 100%...Can i use the oneSIM app in 1.1.1 and then use anySIM? Will that unlock it? or do I have to downgrade to 1.0.2 ?

If it won't unlock (after saying its successfuly completed) then your baseband may be corrupt.

JEGO

Nov 4, 2007
actually, now that you mention that...if i remember correctly i think i saw it did successfuly unlocked the phone...im almost positive it did cos i read everything carefuly...so if my baseband is currpted, what now?

Ninzono

Nov 30, 2007
actually, now that you mention that...if i remember correctly i think i saw it did successfuly unlocked the phone...im almost positive it did cos i read everything carefuly...so if my baseband is currpted, what now?
This is what happened to may mates phone. He could downgrade and unlock fine on v1.02, but just wouldn't unlock anytime he went to v1.1.1 :mad:.

I think you're screwed basically :(

viperguy212

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
ok i ran oneSIM and followed the insturctions

at the end of it oneSIM said "oneSIM cannot unlock this phone" then i preceeded to restart it, but i still have all my apps and what not when i restarted is this normal?

or from here do i just restore and then upgrade to 1.1.1 and unlock

thanks

Ninzono

Nov 30, 2007
ok i ran oneSIM and followed the insturctions

at the end of it oneSIM said "oneSIM cannot unlock this phone" then i preceeded to restart it, but i still have all my apps and what not when i restarted is this normal?

or from here do i just restore and then upgrade to 1.1.1 and unlock

thanks
Yeah, viginizing the baseband does not wipe the firmware. The firmware and baseband are separate ;)