Unlocked 1.1.1 Successfully... question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
If I restore the phone to 1.1.1 will the Unlock stay?
Also,
When I entered my buddie's SIM to test the unlock it asked to activate it. Is this only because he too has an iPhone SIM CARD, or will it do this for all SIM cards?

BTW I unlocked with AnySIM 1.1

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
If I restore the phone to 1.1.1 will the Unlock stay?
Also,
When I entered my buddie's SIM to test the unlock it asked to activate it. Is this only because he too has an iPhone SIM CARD, or will it do this for all SIM cards?

BTW I unlocked with AnySIM 1.1
which method did you used to jailbrake you 1.1.1? was it an original 1.1.1? or a 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1?

Im thinking of jailbraking my out of the box 1.1.1 and using anysim 1.1 to unlock it, but I haven't found any success stories for this case...

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
which method did you used to jailbrake you 1.1.1? was it an original 1.1.1? or a 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1?

Im thinking of jailbraking my out of the box 1.1.1 and using anysim 1.1 to unlock it, but I haven't found any success stories for this case...
I have 2 iPhones (1.1.1) arriving this week.

I'm planning to use this, which downgrades to 1.0.2 first.

I'm not sure if I can then upgrade to 1.1.1 again though.

paulomb

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Monterrey, MX
socalkevin21 said:
Mine was an out of the box 1.1.1 and I unlocked with AnySIM 1.1 ....
I had my friend put his iPhone sim card into mine and the screen read "different SIM detected, connect to iTunes" .... I connected it and it took me to the acivation screen. Looked like it just had to be re-activated.

My question is, what will happen if someone places their T-Mobile SIM in my phone.... will it stil ask for activation?
can you post a link to the methos you used for jailbrake? what if you run anySIM 1.1 without a sim card in the phone? afeter that you should be able to put different sims on you phone, right?

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
can you post a link to the methos you used for jailbrake? what if you run anySIM 1.1 without a sim card in the phone? afeter that you should be able to put different sims on you phone, right?
I own a Macbook Pro and a PC. Bought the Mac this week, looking to load XP on it as well. I used Windows and Mac techniques.... I will write up a tutorial and get back to you guys. My question still remains.... is it safe to restore?