Unlocked iPhone 1.1.1

lilwaters

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Houston, Tx
Hello everyone,

have a few questions..

1. Does anyone know how to add ringtones to the sms part? All I have is like 5 or 6 and they realli suck. I figured out how to add them to the phone part but they wotn come up under my sms section. Any help will be helpful.

2. Are there any apps that are pretty cool that I should consider downloading out there? rather its games, themes, etc...

Thanks for yalls help:laugh2:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hello everyone,

have a few questions..

1. Does anyone know how to add ringtones to the sms part? All I have is like 5 or 6 and they realli suck. I figured out how to add them to the phone part but they wotn come up under my sms section. Any help will be helpful.

2. Are there any apps that are pretty cool that I should consider downloading out there? rather its games, themes, etc...

Thanks for yalls help:laugh2:

For those sounds you have to change the file extension name I believe it start with a .C can't remember the rest. Also needs to be in certain file in the springboard.

lilwaters

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Houston, Tx
thanks, can u give me any more info? I have no clue what it is your talkin bout sorry! any other help....would be helpful

kariya9mdoa

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
First are you using a mac or windows

If you are using mac you need a program called ifuntastic 3.5.5 make sure the sms tones are .aif format you can do this in iTunes. once you have your iPhone connected to your computer open ifuntastic and i should come as unshackled if it says shackled then you are not jailbroken.

Ok now go to file manager in ifuntastic and make sure you are in system sounds you should see /SystemLibrary/Audio/UISounds/ now you can change most of the sounds like when you unlock the phone or when you lock the phone.

Ok in 1.1.1 you have different files than 1.0.2 in 1.1.1 scroll down till you see smsreceived1 next to it you will see it is a .caf file don't worry about this get the file you want to replace and make sure it is .aif extension and now you change the file to the same name as the original file so if you had a song file named ishotthesherriff.aif you would name that smsreceived1 and the drag that file into ifuntastic and replace the original and when you replace the file you will see a smiley face where the extension name is and thats basically it you have changed your sms tone so now you go into you iPhone settings and go to sounds and sms tones and choose the first one mine was tritone but if you listen to it, it should be the tone you replaced.

If you have any trouble let me know and if you have a pc you need winscp and get into the file system from there.

I hope this helped you.

Happy Modding