Unlocked iPhone 3G on Vodafone UK?

Raizak

Mar 17, 2009
Hi guys, i owned an original iPhone (8GB) and had it unlocked. I am currently on an unlimited contract with Vodafone (literally unlimited everything - calls, sms, mms, internet etc)and am looking to pickup an unlocked iPhone 3G to use.

My questions being

1) Is it worth picking up a 3G now considering a refresh is probably around the cornor - June.

2) Is it possible to use Vodafones 3G service with the iPhone?

Thanks in advance!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
1) always worth getting a better phone.

2) yes it is possible to use the 3g services

Before you can do any of this, you need to find a 3g that hasn't been updated to 2.2.1 it needs to be anything below 2.2 - this reason is because the basband will have been updated thereforee not allowing Yellowsn0w to work (which is the iPhone 3g unlock)

N

Nadia159

1) always worth getting a better phone.

2) yes it is possible to use the 3g services

Before you can do any of this, you need to find a 3g that hasn't been updated to 2.2.1 it needs to be anything below 2.2 - this reason is because the basband will have been updated thereforee not allowing Yellowsn0w to work (which is the iPhone 3g unlock)
.Hi, no you can not unlock 2.2.1 firmware with the new baseband with the yellowsnow software but you can unlock it with a sim card. I have a magicsim unlock sim and it works nice for me.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Isn't that what I've just said....

2.2.1 cannot be unlocked, well not yet anyway

2.2 can be- it's as simple as that!

N

Nadia159

Isn't that what I've just said....

2.2.1 cannot be unlocked, well not yet anyway

2.2 can be- it's as simple as that!
no that's not the same, you can unlock your iPhone 3g v2.2.1 with a magicsim card as a lot of people do.